ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a new helmet what’s recommended?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Since the nanny state we live in have deemed it necessary to wear a full face in an open top car. A result of of one turd losing its sumpbung on an event & the opentop bath following then got covered in oil.

Where on line are the deals?

Size M, had Shoie, AGV, Sparco & Arai in the past.

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
I've always had Arai and just replaced my 10 year old helmet for the new season as it went out of date. It's a big investment but one I've always worth making. I tried Bell and Stilo at the Motorsport Show in Jan but the Stilo wasn't comfortable and although the Bell was very comfortable I found it didn't block much noise out which was an issue for me as I have in helmet radio which can be difficult to hear at the best of times.

So I bought a GP5W that comes with a visor and a peak. The W refers to a wide aperture which is much better for periferal visibility.

Always good service at Demon Tweeks but the only offers I ever see are pacgage deals with Hans devices etc.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
like with most things you get what you pay for, I got a Simpson helmet as I have one of their hans and was impressed with it, very happy with both. Best to try a few on and see how you get on with them if you can do. I got mine from the shop in Oulton Park, Advantage Motorsport, very helpful . Was going to get a Bell but they hadn't no stock in the Uk of the new ones and couldn't' wait any longer for it the other year

Sigmamark

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 530 Touring
I've always had Arai and just replaced my 10 year old helmet for the new season as it went out of date. It's a big investment but one I've always worth making. I tried Bell and Stilo at the Motorsport Show in Jan but the Stilo wasn't comfortable and although the Bell was very comfortable I found it didn't block much noise out which was an issue for me as I have in helmet radio which can be difficult to hear at the best of times.

So I bought a GP5W that comes with a visor and a peak. The W refers to a wide aperture which is much better for periferal visibility.

View attachment 1409569

Always good service at Demon Tweeks but the only offers I ever see are pacgage deals with Hans devices etc.

Another vote for the GP5W. Looks good with a bit of paint on it as well. As for noise, whilst I have always had Arais, they are noisy and I have always worn earplugs on bikes and in my Radical. Doesn’t really matter in the Clio, because there isn’t any wind noise.
FCB15DBC-0B72-42B0-B047-0D61C83C40B7.jpeg

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Very happy with My V2sport Ive just purchased. Snell 2015 with hans and superb quality despite the modest price. I had there old style as track helmet but needed ones with Hans this year so upgraded and very pleased. http://www.v2sport.com/

Attachments

• IMG_20190418_201050_546[1].jpg
    IMG_20190418_201050_546[1].jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 164

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
I also have a V2 Sport.

Good value for money and I think they look good, I've used mine in my mates Caterham a couple of times and been really impressed with the fit and how planted it felt on my head, but I also think different helmets suit different head shapes!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I also have a V2 Sport.

Good value for money and I think they look good, I've used mine in my mates Caterham a couple of times and been really impressed with the fit and how planted it felt on my head, but I also think different helmets suit different head shapes!
Looked at these not got any stock of the black ones?
What colour you go for?

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Had a V2 sport for a few years, just expired this year. Couldnt fault it
Just bought a 2nd hand hedtec to see me through till 2023 as didnt see the point buying new to only replace again and get 3 years racing from it. Read some good things online about them so nice to see how it compares to the v2
Im looking at going for a Koden helmet for my next one in a few years

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Had a V2 for years and years, Open face so nice and comfy and handy for when yoh have passengers. Bought a Bell GP3 to replace it as I needed HANS, totally different budget but miles apart in terms of quality and comfort

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Where did you buy from?

What size head you got my sparco fitted like a glove, 58cm?