ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nearside dipped beams and side beams not working

lancecup

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 cup
Last night my dipped beams and sidelights on the passenger side went out when i was driving but strangely my full beams and indicator are still working.
I have checked the bulbs and they are fine
I have checked all the fuses (in the fuse box behind passenger door) and they are all fine.

It was raining quite hard last night and i went through a couple of puddles so i am thinking water has got somewhere and caused the lights to stop working but i cant work out where.

anyone got any ideas what it could be?

lancecup

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 cup
ah ok i will have a look later, sounds like a right pain in the arse if water has got in there. Do you think i will dry by itself?

yes still got the liners in so hopefully not too much damage.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
ah ok i will have a look later, sounds like a right pain in the arse if water has got in there. Do you think i will dry by itself?

yes still got the liners in so hopefully not too much damage.

It'll dry out eventually, but some water displacement spray like WD40 or GT86 could come in handy if there are any wet connections.

I take it the back of the lights are dry?

lancecup

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 cup
nice one, I should have a can of wd40 laying about somewhere

yes when i checked the bulbs everything was bone dry even the connector that connects the loom to the headlight. So it make sense that it could be something under the fuse box that i cant see.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Yeah, if it's not water in the fusebox then i'm not sure what it could be.

Are your carpets dry, particularly the front passenger?

lancecup

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 cup
ha French wiring mate, it could be anything.

i will chuck some wd40 in the fuse box later and check at the weekend to see if the lights have fixed themselves

lancecup

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 cup
It turns out i must of had a bad connection on some of the internal wiring in the headlight. I turned the lights on and started poking about with the wires and the bulbs started working again. Im not sure how long the fix will last for though so i will probably end up replacing both headlights soon.