ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New VXR (Holden content)

Man!! Basically, "I want an exciting car for my 40th Birthday" But I'm going to sell it once I've stopped celebrating!

As you've just spent out on it you may as well keep it for a bit.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I’ve not sold it yet! Not even had a sniff but to be fair it probably does look dodgy so can’t blame people.

On a side note, my exhaust back boxes turned up today.

D0610F09-F36C-48D6-B777-6F8A97E19AC7.jpeg
3A61D077-5677-40AC-AA53-7FD5A09AE470.jpeg

Fit them, disregard the "teething issues" and enjoy it.

I'm sure all will be forgotten when it sounds like it's come from the depths of hell. :)

Have you ever had a build thread more than a month long? ? In all seriousness I feel your pain with buying a car then having issues it can really spoil it for you.

Hope it wasn’t too big a loss, great car but like you say niche market so I imagine you took a hit to get it gone.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Have you ever had a build thread more than a month long? ? In all seriousness I feel your pain with buying a car then having issues it can really spoil it for you.

Hope it wasn’t too big a loss, great car but like you say niche market so I imagine you took a hit to get it gone.

Sold it for what I paid. I reckon I could have got 14k if I’d of held out but the love wasn’t there.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I know I said that, if you bought a big V8, it would be sold again pretty soon, but this is a bit more extreme than even I expected :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Sold it for what I paid. Shame I’d spent £900 on it.

Shame. I quite liked this thing!!! Although with regards to the £900, im not sure you can blame the car for that ...

all of a sudden it went into limp mode.

Ok, that is annoying, but these things often happen with buying someone elses car, as they are quite often selling it due to issues, so in effect you needed the garage to do the following: "Clean the throttle body and map sensor and reset all the pins" ...

What you didnt need doing, but had done anyway, which is most likely what has left a bad taste in your mouth is the following:

Drop links
Alignment
New leds in the lights
New transponder thing for the leds
Some torque bush thing for the propshaft
A new key
s**t loads of labour

None of that sh1t needed doing to fix a misfire, but is exactly what happens when a car gets left at a garage for them to "have a look over" :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

I look forwards to the next Volvo 340 thread.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Shame. I quite liked this thing!!! Although with regards to the £900, im not sure you can blame the car for that ...

Ok, that is annoying, but these things often happen with buying someone elses car, as they are quite often selling it due to issues, so in effect you needed the garage to do the following: "Clean the throttle body and map sensor and reset all the pins" ...

What you didnt need doing, but had done anyway, which is most likely what has left a bad taste in your mouth is the following:

Drop links
Alignment
New leds in the lights
New transponder thing for the leds
Some torque bush thing for the propshaft
A new key
s**t loads of labour

None of that sh1t needed doing to fix a misfire, but is exactly what happens when a car gets left at a garage for them to "have a look over" :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

I look forwards to the next Volvo 340 thread.

The drop link was knocking like buggery so needed doing.

The steering wheel was off centre so really needed sorting as was annoying.

The key was practically in half so needed fixing.

The fast flashing / leds were an mot fail so would need doing.

The maf and map etc had been cleaned by the previous garage but kept going into limp mode. It stopped after this garage sorted it.

Agree what you’re saying to some extent but nothing they did didn’t need doing and I’d of ended up doing it if I’d of kept it.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Just heard from the new owner that the car has gone into limp mode.

I feel bad but genuinely thought it had been fixed! It should have been fixed for the money I spent!!!