ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new racecar project (Icemans old shell)

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Russ what make are the bulkhead grommets you have used in the back , the ones with the rivited ring round them ? Im looking for something that splits and is removable to go around my ecu wiring and also shifter rod .

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Russ what make are the bulkhead grommets you have used in the back , the ones with the rivited ring round them ? Im looking for something that splits and is removable to go around my ecu wiring and also shifter rod .

Not sure on the make Neil but I’m fairly sure they came from demon Tweeks, they do all different sizes iirc.
Russ

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Seals-it firewall grommet. Expensive but worth it. I put a bit of silicone on one side of mine too before I riveted it up

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Well it’s been a while and there’s much to discuss!
New engine went in a few weeks back and started first time no issues, up to temp a few times and all systems working as they should. Engine always felt tight and lazy to turn over on the starter but put it down to bring brand new and high compression. Went for mapping and to run in on the rollers and it was clear early on something wasn’t right, seemed to be burning oil and still felt really tight. Chrckched a few things and couldn’t find anything specific but it wasn’t doing what it was supposed to, we called it a day before there was any component failure. Engine is currently back at the builders as of last week so we await the report.
The newly built box decided it was going to leak from the drive shaft oil seal as well! So 2 out of 2 for failures on both bits I haven’t actually built, gotta to be a lesson there! Anyway a new genuine seal fitted sorted the gearbox leak, let’s hope the engine issue is as straight forward, it won’t be!
Anyway, good job last years engine was still under the bench in the workshop!
New cambelt kit, water pump and spark plugs were fitted to the engine and it was dropped back in.
5857915E-0E6A-4C86-B074-557798C2BBDD.jpeg

Never been happy with the itg air filter and the offset mounting as they come from pms, means the filter is too low and fouls the alternator adjuster. I used to run the pipercross Px600 filter so bought one with new back plate.
5791A908-EA37-4A33-9F68-AEC68AACD0D1.jpeg
A1507C29-BA75-44B2-8C4C-061E4250BFC3.jpeg
35828F65-6969-4340-9967-AF11FEC7339C.jpeg

We were on the dyno a couple of weeks back and it was reassuring to see everything that was attached to the new engine last time was working fine, last years motor ran fine and even picked up a fair chunk of power with some playing around with trumpets and lots of time spent on the dyno. Hopefully will go even better than it did last year.
EBDF42C6-93DD-4C4F-BCDC-59A607396E19.jpeg

Only other thing is a new front splitter, total ball ache to make and fit but hopefully will be effective.
6F56A409-5039-40A9-9DFC-DD87CBBB55C2.jpeg

Spanner checked and geo’d at the weekend,
201DDB89-CF98-49DA-870B-A76727E2CBBB.jpeg

new dunlops fitted, just need some fresh fuel and we're ready for cadwell with TARC on the 28th July.
Russ