ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno Story...

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
You'll need to drop it a bit more for those though.
Have seen a pic of one on cooks and cup shocks an it looked like it sat well tbh.
This is true, coilover low's will make it sit lovely with the 15's..... 16's look perfect with the current drop!
Remember my old pro race 1.3s I had on the old Monaco with eibach? That was some serious arch gap, standard shocks too.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
1 of 2...
Thanks @mossyv6 very well packaged
F2065F5B-B3DF-4022-81A5-AAE63D799C2B.jpeg

2 of 2
Thanks to Kam Racing, ordered yesterday at 10:00 here today at half 12.
A31D7B21-D52C-4D66-858C-9CF821E81167.jpeg

Just need to find time to get them fitted an the camber and toe setup, probably go 1.5 degrees and 10min toe out.
FB729A83-58CF-453A-B0C1-46076B0D4556.jpeg

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Looks fantastic I love a nice Monaco Blue 172. The bay is crying out for a new coolant tank [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah just outside Norwich, they mainly look after high power jap cars but do others. It’s where brad took his vxr for geo setup.

Yeah the old Fords and stuff was their bread and butter you could say, remember taking my first Series 2 RST there to get stage 1'd in 2006 when they had their old unit, Christian taking the ECU out and got soldering LOL and also had my Series 1 RST there in the newer unit where they are now in 2008 but Gary steered it more towards Japanese stuff, track cars etc, especially as he had the black Evo himself. Remember that as a standard car and it just became a monster!!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
So went over to see my mechanic this evening but no Whiteline arb was fitted to my clio...
5586DB59-A20C-4732-9CA7-4DFB31B78F64.jpeg

Opened the pack to find one bush missing, I was straight on phone to Kam Racing who were apologetic and said it must have been a Friday special. I sent them the above image and they’re forwarding onto Whiteline to send me the missing one so hopefully I’ll get it fitted on the car next week now.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks great buddy, need to get myself a rear arb after all the good things I keep hearing!
Personally I prefer the gold F1s all day long, but the 172s still look great.
I prefer the gold F1s too tbh but the 172s serve a purpose for winter.

After the missing bush arriving yesterday I found out my mechanic is on the sick until Thursday. After some guidance from @Coops Turbo I decided to give fitting the ARB a go myself, I mean after all it’s only a few bolts.
0FEF0FBD-AAFA-40AB-BF3F-4483E142472D.jpeg

All in all it was very easy to do an took about 45mins to do, I had to adjust the bar as it was too far over one side to begin with.

Testing went well, initial thoughts are positive, the car feels more planted but I think the front needs attention. I’m already on fresh cup shocks and cooksports but it feels loose on the front. Possibley due to 16s?? I’m one fresh RainSport3s also. I’ve sourced a PMS brace and top mounts, if this doesn’t tighten the front up I’ll be looking at Powerflex bushes for the front arb and wishbones. Camber bolts are on hold to be fitted as I can’t get over to APT Tuning for a while due to work commitments.
Out testing pic... pre wash...
B985CB1E-F0CD-4CBD-AF25-D4D91E6A27FA.jpeg

Post quick wash... you have to wash it after fitting new parts!! It’s the law!!
2FCDAFC2-2441-4EEA-8538-15FDED2F525A.jpeg

Comments and opinions welcome haha!

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I agree there. It looks great on the gold F1s but nice and subtle on the 172 wheels and a sleeper look at that.

Glad the whiteline fitting went well for you. It's an easy job but as many jobs that your unsure about, it can be a bit nervy attempting to do them. Glad you had help. This place is great for that.

The PMS stuff will add a greater turn in feel. I can't comment on the brace, but the mounts make a difference.

I recently did the lower arms and all ARB bushes on mine. Feels great now, nice and tight, but I'd advise to get the car on a ramp for the ARB bushes or get a garage to do it! If you decide to do them, that is.

Great stuff, glad to see it's all gone to plan buddy and bonus points there for fitting it yourself, nice one :up::up:

I've noticed a big difference with my Whiteline as you know, hopefully you'll feel the same. Be interesting to see what the brace and top mounts add to it overall too, as we've a very similar set up now of course except I have standard top mounts and OMP brace!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah I agree there. It looks great on the gold F1s but nice and subtle on the 172 wheels and a sleeper look at that.

Glad the whiteline fitting went well for you. It's an easy job but as many jobs that your unsure about, it can be a bit nervy attempting to do them. Glad you had help. This place is great for that.

The PMS stuff will add a greater turn in feel. I can't comment on the brace, but the mounts make a difference.

I recently did the lower arms and all ARB bushes on mine. Feels great now, nice and tight, but I'd advise to get the car on a ramp for the ARB bushes or get a garage to do it! If you decide to do them, that is.
Not really hooned the car properly yet but looking forward to it, will definitely get my mechanic to fit the front arb bushes if I get them done.

Great stuff, glad to see it's all gone to plan buddy and bonus points there for fitting it yourself, nice one :up::up:

I've noticed a big difference with my Whiteline as you know, hopefully you'll feel the same. Be interesting to see what the brace and top mounts add to it overall too, as we've a very similar set up now of course except I have standard top mounts and OMP brace!
Bonus man points haha

I noticed a massive difference with my roll bar to, you’ll love it!
Hopefully mate!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Not done much with the car as been working away a lot recently... Posted up some pics in the media section today after giving her a much needed bath...
FF2F86DF-F361-4499-BA91-65265953320E.jpeg

20969466-ED67-46A7-940C-9C02E3BECBD2.jpeg
792986B1-CF3E-4C56-80ED-4F74DE0EF1B8.jpeg
C230E983-F04D-4C20-B77E-228B137C7996.jpeg

FB542936-3C2C-4439-8A2C-047521303C16.jpeg

This just happened though, £120 bargain... Just looked on the PMS website and there on back order... Need to get this fitted along with my camber bolts now.
3E0731DE-CF87-472A-9ABA-419C6B0CCF8B.jpeg