ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno Story...

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
It's here... order yesterday at 9:30 arrived 11:30 today :up:
IMG_2915.JPG

Was behind you last night from Belton area and the car was looking clean and tidy mate! Guess I know why it did look so shinny now

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
I know I didn't have to take the centre surround apart to change the tower an that but I thought fook it I haven't tinkered with the car in ages I'll do it!! Haha
So I've had the hole on my console for ages but no led?
IMG_3236.JPG
Well upon removal of this piece I found the led... To my surprise it works an flashes alternate with the dash light. I'm assuming this is after market even though my old 172 had an led in the same place?
IMG_3237.JPG

On the plus side I've seen 1st hand how much slack an movement in the tower there is so hopefully the pms will cure it.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I believe all UK 172s were fitted with the LED as part of a security upgrade for the UK market. Might be wrong though!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
@T9 0LLE I know it's long overdue, but i got in contact with proplates over the issue you had with the wrong font style on the number plates. They let me know that it's just been a mis-communication in the printing process with a member of staff trying to keep a road legal font on the smaller plates. I've been guaranteed that it will not happen again when a clio plate is purchased/the free shipping code is used as they've put a note to scale it down completely. I had been told that this would just be an automatic thing when printing the 520x85 plates but obviously wasn't the case here.

I believe they're also going to be making an account and posting themselves/getting in contact with you directly. I'm not sure they were actually aware of the font issue, but I had been told a refund had been made on the postage? It's difficult to find a half decent company and just have to give them the benefit of the doubt that this was a one off issue and fingers crossed it doesn't happen again! I know it's a pain in the arse though when you just want something to be right first time without fannying around.

Just thought i'd let you know anyway and message me if not sorted. :smile:

Last edited:
Emotional rage inside!!!
Waited 2 bastid weeks for my smaller front plate from proplates.co.uk, today recieved a note from Royal Mail saying I had to pay £3 to get it as postage had not been paid.
Open up the box to find a shocking looking plate.
It looks like they've just trimmed a legal size one down, not happy at all.
Going to get another from fancyplates.com like the top one in the image but spaced correctly.
Middle is new from proplates and bottom is legal size text etc but spaced wrong.
View attachment 194619

Hi Oli
One of your members advised were not happy with the experience you had with www.proplates.co.uk. We are very sorry for the trouble we may have caused, It looks like we refunded you for the delivery cost as soon as you brought it to our attention. From what I can see one of our team made the Font height the road legal size and did not scale down as it should be, Usually the bikers want it the other way around (small plate with large as possible font !)

I can assure we will make the plates correctly scaled from now on unless requested not to. The coupon code is still valid for Clio members

Oli if you can get in touch we would like to make sure you are looked after.

Thanks
Danielle
Pro Plates

That original gear gaiter looks lovely!! No wonder you wanted a new one lol........ BUT.......... this is so common isn't it with the weak tabs/clips, mine is no different, held down with gel tape though rather than epic glue like yours but still moves a little due to one of the clips being broken also. Now I know how cheap they are, might just have to buy a new gaiter at some point as well 😂:up:

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi Oli
One of your members advised were not happy with the experience you had with www.proplates.co.uk. We are very sorry for the trouble we may have caused, It looks like we refunded you for the delivery cost as soon as you brought it to our attention. From what I can see one of our team made the Font height the road legal size and did not scale down as it should be, Usually the bikers want it the other way around (small plate with large as possible font !)

I can assure we will make the plates correctly scaled from now on unless requested not to. The coupon code is still valid for Clio members

Oli if you can get in touch we would like to make sure you are looked after.

Thanks
Danielle
Pro Plates
I don't think there's much more than can be done tbh, I appreciated the £3 refund of delivery at the time but in the end I ended up sourcing my plate from another company leaving me more out of pocket and the two I received from you guys were completely unusable.

That original gear gaiter looks lovely!! No wonder you wanted a new one lol........ BUT.......... this is so common isn't it with the weak tabs/clips, mine is no different, held down with gel tape though rather than epic glue like yours but still moves a little due to one of the clips being broken also. Now I know how cheap they are, might just have to buy a new gaiter at some point as well 😂:up:
2 x little screws is the best fix for it I have seen so far and I used it on my old Monaco where it worked a treat.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Well last night I went to my mechanic after hours and fitted the PMS shifter, what abit of kit!! Love the position, the feel and the rattle isn't too bad.
IMG_3253.JPG

Started the evening off well with pizza and new car parts!!
IMG_3252.JPG

Then came the fitting process...
IMG_3257.JPG

IMG_3258.JPG

Having a sport cat helped greatly as we didn't have to drop it out at all.
IMG_3259.JPG

Instead of using a bead of silicon I decided to use the seal off the old tower which worked well.
IMG_3260.JPG

IMG_3264.JPG

Clearence at the lambda was a little issue but it don't knock it at.
IMG_3268.JPG

Setting up took a couple of attempts but once we got it was spot on.
Drive home pic...
IMG_3270.JPG

Finally this morning I picked up a new gator as in the previous posts the old one was trashed and fitted all tha console back in.
IMG_3281.JPG

Absolutely love it now, OEM+ look!!
Even got the led back in place too!!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Well last night I went to my mechanic after hours and fitted the PMS shifter, what abit of kit!! Love the position, the feel and the rattle isn't too bad.
View attachment 1334086
Started the evening off well with pizza and new car parts!!
View attachment 1334085
Then came the fitting process...
View attachment 1334087
View attachment 1334088
Having a sport cat helped greatly as we didn't have to drop it out at all.
View attachment 1334089
Instead of using a bead of silicon I decided to use the seal off the old tower which worked well.
View attachment 1334090
View attachment 1334092
Clearence at the lambda was a little issue but it don't knock it at.
View attachment 1334093
Setting up took a couple of attempts but once we got it was spot on.
Drive home pic...
View attachment 1334094
Finally this morning I picked up a new gator as in the previous posts the old one was trashed and fitted all tha console back in.
View attachment 1334095
Absolutely love it now, OEM+ look!!
Even got the led back in place too!!

Love mine in the cup, it improves the gearshift so much especially in feel and position, it is a great mod :up:

That does look very smart mate and the brand new gear gaiter keeps it all looking fresh, regardless that you needed it anyway.......... will look forward to seeing it. Defo oem+ :up::up:

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Since the pms was fitted I'd thought I'd update my spec/mods list with the order the work has been done since I owned her.

Order of mods completed...
Genuine Cambelt kit
Genuine Water pump
Genuine Dephaser pulley
Genuine Tensioner
Serviced- plugs oil etc
BMC CAIS Induction changes to Fatty 'k-tec' induction
Custom air filter bracket
Skoda Fabia VRS splitter
LED all lights, side, number plate, brake, interior, boot & glove box
Silver vision indicators
Cup spoiler re sprayed in 432 c/w New oem top light
Metal Battery cover
Brembo HC front discs
Mintex 1144 pads front
Brembo oem rear disc
Brembo rear pads
16" OZ F1 alloys
Refurbed OZ F1 in gold
Pirelli P-Zero Nero tires
Engine cover colour coded 432 c/w new 2.0l 16v logo
Bumper grommets
Bee sting ariel
Bullets colour code in 432
Clear sides repeaters
New OEM 172 Cup shocks
Cooksport Springs
RS200 RenaultSport Badge
PH1 rear light conversion
K-Tec Sport cat
K-Tec 2.5" Super Sports Stealth System
Powerflex rear exhaust mount
Engine dynamics remap 161ft lbs 182.6bhp
16mm Hub-centric spacers
Powerflex upper engine mount
Calipers painted red
MOMO boss
OMP Targa wheel
Powerflex Dog Bone Mount
New OEM alternator
Engine Dynamics 230 Turbo conversion:-
Gold powder coated inlet
New turbo manifold
Hybrid 25/28 turbo c/w custom link pipe
Megane 225 injectors
AEM Fuel/Ignition controller
Uprated 5 Puck Paddle clutch c/w new gear oil
AEM intercooler c/w new coolant
Forge Coolant hose kit
Trophy font Turbo sticker
New rear plate bulb holder
1ltr Fire Extinguisher
520 x 90mm show plate
Pure MotorSport Shifter

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Looks awesome ollie.

I presume your happy with the shifter.

On a side note, did you get the gaitor from Renault? If so, how much. I think all of them have been glued at some point and mine is no different.

SQ5
Looks awesome ollie.

On a side note, did you get the gaitor from Renault? If so, how much. I think all of them have been glued at some point and mine is no different.

They're something like £12, cheap as chips!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks awesome ollie.

Yeah very happy mate the position of it when driving is awesome, apart from the turbo probably best mod I purchased.
The gaitor is £19.20 + £5 for delivery from @renaultpartsdirect but I managed to source mine from my local dealer for £14.