ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup
Don't know how I missed this thread. Spent the last few pages worrying you were going to get rid of the Turinis.....!

Don't do anything else to that car. Save your money for vpower and tyres. It's perfect.

How are you getting on with the B14s and is the centre section noticeably quieter?

Like a few have said, this makes me want to clean my Cup up.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Don't know how I missed this thread. Spent the last few pages worrying you were going to get rid of the Turinis.....!

Don't do anything else to that car. Save your money for vpower and tyres. It's perfect.

How are you getting on with the B14s and is the centre section noticeably quieter?

Like a few have said, this makes me want to clean my Cup up.

Thanks mate,im not getting rid of the Turinis as i do like them and not worth selling.I just fancy a bit of a change of look and the 2118s's suit the clio so much!.
Also the ride is meant to be better on the 50 profile on 15's,so we will see.

Im not planning on doing any other exterior mods,just the maintenance side of things and paintwork.

Yeah the B14's are great,much better than the GAZ.

The exhaust is much better thanks,on idle you can really hear it and on the motorway its better to,obvs your still going to get a sporty note and bit of noise as its a cup and a performance system.

Mine aint flawless mate but its well looked after and maintained,end of the day its an old car now.But im looking to get some body work done later this year then the 2118's!!!:grin:

Haha, so true. I see my car as modern then I remember sometimes it’s actually a 15 year old car! 2118’s look fantastic and really suit these cars. If I change my wheels in the future it would be these or Turinis

Be good to have a meet up one weekend this summer,get some great photos of them all together?.

@a17vts
@182_steve
@Dr Jekyll @BoostedSi @mintno1 @VR46-G@Z @182 Steve @imprezaworks @Photomattbrown @yeecup and anyone else i have missed and fancies this :up:

I would defo be up for this :up: Being 5 mins from the sea right on the coast in Norfolk though, hopefully it won't be hours and hours away lol!

I would be up for this, sounds good, I am hoping to go to this https://www.cliosport.net/threads/m...reat-yarmouth-sea-front.815476/#post-11563040 if anyone fancies a drive over to the coast :up:

Can you believe out of all the weekends, this is the weekend i'm away at Center Parcs and therefore can't make it bud :sweat: - couldn't possibly get anymore local to me either!!!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Can you believe out of all the weekends, this is the weekend i'm away at Center Parcs and therefore can't make it bud :sweat: - couldn't possibly get anymore local to me either!!!
Typical 😂 I am doing some work on the cup at the weekend so will depend on how all that goes as to whether I can make it, Ph1 doesn't have an MOT currently and am hoping to get that on the ramps as well this weekend :up:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
The phase1 should be ok for the mot shouldn't it?
Yes, no reason why it shouldn't, but would like to do the clutch and a couple of other bit's before I throw it in for the MOT, I also thought it is coming out that much at the minute with the weather so no mad rush :up: Having said that that was before I realised I needed to do some work on the cup 😂

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Its been a while since posting anything,but today i changed all my induction system.

I noticed that my induction system and filter started to look old and tatty,so i decided to buy a new set up.
Two new blue silicone bends and i also wanted to change the filter but to something different to the Ram Air one,i couldnt really find anything but have always liked the ktec one but didnt want to spend that much for a filter and induction hose.So to cut a long story short,i contacted ktec to see if they could do me just the filter and today it arrived!.

Old set up
20180620_143211.jpg

20180620_152338.jpg

New Set up!
20180620_143034.jpg

20180620_150743.jpg

20180620_150751.jpg

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I had a Ramair filter do similar to that.

Weird really. The one on the Clio has been on about three years and been fine, but the other split in a matter of weeks!

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I had a Ramair filter do similar to that.

Weird really. The one on the Clio has been on about three years and been fine, but the other split in a matter of weeks!

Prob doesnt help with me taking it on and off a few times,but still should last.Lucky the ktec has a metal end.

Im thinking now whats better 90 degree bends or 45 degree??

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
So on the way to work this morning i gave it a bit of beans to see if any difference.To be honest theres not much difference,if anything i think its louder rasper with the metal pipe on,i was half asleep tho.So will test again on the way home,any how looks much better and a new filter rather than the dirty knackered ram air one.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I have the forge silicon elbow and a £4 piece of ally pipe which I welded a tab onto to allow me to bolt it to the steel cross member for the ecu bracket.
The noise may be slightly reduced by using two pieces of silicon due to the material being softer than the alloy, therefore absorbing some of the vibration/noise (in theory).
Either way, blue silicon pipes look good against the body colour.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Take the silicon’s to any good fabrication workshop/tube bender and they would be able to replicate it.

I was looking at that last night mate,trying to find a local place.
I put the metal pipe back on last night and liked we thought,thats what makes it louder!,now it roars again and pulls better i think??

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
So next thing is to freshen up the calipers with a coat of fresh paint.There black at the moment and im thinking going to a bright silver?

Calipers how they are now,Black.
IMG_20180623_141124_254.jpg