ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mondial Blue Cup Track Car

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Well the evening was awsome! Car was faultless and I think the best it has ever felt. It was bloody hot too. There was not much traffic at all out on track and the pads felt good. No brake fade at all despite the heat and I did some quite long sessions.

I am really impressed with the grip that R888's provide and the wear rate of them. I have done quite a few track days on this set now and they still have loads of life left in them.

I don't feel like there is anything that needs doing on the car now apart from routine maintenance. I have a ktec silenced exhaust system to fit and bumper with cut out, but I quite like the current janspeed system. The new map seems to have increased induction noise a fair amount, almost sounds like it's on throttle bodies. I would be interested to know what bhp I have with all the mods.

The only thing I find slightly frustrating when playing on track, mainly with big power cars(generally expensive)is straight line speed. Don't get me wrong it's a quick car and it stays with pretty much anything in the bends and I can carry a lot of speed into bends. I would just like a bit more speed down the straights. You always want more though!

I would imagine a clio turbo with LSD must be pretty amazing on track. It's not helped by the fact I now have a road going clio turbo! The car is very reliable though and I do throughly enjoy driving it. I can push it hard too and do quite long sessions out on track. Last night I would have been worried about engine oil temps if I had a turbo in the clio. @Somnambulist was with me and is pretty good at taking pictures, so should have some good ones to add on here over the next few days. I came home with a big smile on my face and will be booking another track day at somewhere I have not been to before.

Oil temps are not an issue if you get an oil cooler mate.

When Graham and I went to Brands last Wednesday my oil temp was stable around 105 degrees. Graham's peaked at 115 degrees. Only difference being he hits the limiter and I short shift very early like a pansy.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Oil temps are not an issue if you get an oil cooler mate.

When Graham and I went to Brands last Wednesday my oil temp was stable around 105 degrees. Graham's peaked at 115 degrees. Only difference being he hits the limiter and I short shift very early like a pansy.

I should get an oil cooler really, even with just the NA engine. I am seriously considering getting another modified Mk3 Megane though 😬 My old one was amazing.

I couldn't run a car on track without one. The fear of not knowing would drive me crazy. I love being able to see when its warm enough for beans and when it's getting stable during sessions.

Also to keep an eye on oil pressure keeps my brain relaxed.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
@Somnambulist didn't let me down on the pictures 😍😍😍

IMG-20200814-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20200814-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20200814-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20200814-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20200814-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20200814-WA0009.jpg

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
This will be up for sale by the weekend. Would much rather sell as a complete car than in bits, especially with the amount of work I have completed on the car over the last few years! If anyone is interested please PM me.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Car is now for sale and full advert in the for sale section. The grey TD wheels have been sold, but the car is now wearing these white TD wheels with AD08R tyres and I think it looks pretty smart! The Cup spoiler is going back on tomorrow to replace the Trophy replica one. It will then be getting a good clean and is ready for the next owner to enjoy.

20200912_183241.jpg

Last edited:

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Car has sold this evening to the first person to view. I must admit during the test drive I did think to myself WTF am I doing selling this car 🙈 Car felt epic in the passenger seat.

I did really need to sell though so i can concentrate on the RS 265! It would be no good sat on my drive during the winter either. Have really enjoyed owning and working on the car over the last few years and bonding with my brother in laws, over what started as an idea(probably drunk) some years ago. Think it ended up as the perfect fast road and track car. It has however gone to a good home and local. There is a pretty good chance I will see it at track days too. The plate has also stayed with the car, which I think kind of suited it.

I will start a thread for my 265 this week!

IMG-20200828-WA0013.jpg

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Will find out soon 😂 Already started the slippery slope of modifications!

Watching them in the metal round track the other week, Clios at full tilt (impressive as ever) and megs just casual as you like able to slip up the inside and power away like they weren’t even trying.