ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile Phone Contract Thread.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
No
Is the 75 quid iPhone that much better than my £23 a month S9+?

No

According to techradar s9plus is the best phone you can buy right now.
No Apples in the top 3 even ?

Last edited:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ease of use is definitely the iphone forte imo.

The P20 seems to be very very good. Getting more used to it and the battery is great. Also a 2 year warranty on the phone which is nice.

For some odd reason it was like an emotional good bye to the phone which is just weird.

Issue i have/had was choice, iphone sold, long live the P20....

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Weeks use of the note9 and can confirm its pretty awesome. Battery life is 2 days - you do not need to worry when its on 30% or less still have hours of use available.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Daughter looking for 8+ XS or XR anyone seen any good deals.
Best so far 8+ 30gb £43p/m

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Does she really need 30 gig of data?

The XR can be had on Virgin Mobile for under £40 a month

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Seems a decent deal. Did they match an online deal that was advertised on uSwitch or similar?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Who's the best for deals on mobile plans these days? I've been with o2 since I first got a phone over 10 years ago now and the latest price gouge has made me think I'm probably getting ripped off for 20gb of data at £29 (and about to rise) not including the handset.
Have my iPhone on a device plan because it's 0% interest, but I can pay that off and swap.

Ideally someone that offers eSIM and will sell you a new phone at 0% interest (assume that's standard?) when upgrade time comes.

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Who's the best for deals on mobile plans these days? I've been with o2 since I first got a phone over 10 years ago now and the latest price gouge has made me think I'm probably getting ripped off for 20gb of data at £29 (and about to rise) not including the handset.

I’m with o2 on a sim only deal, 20gb of data for £8 a month. They’re having you on charging £29 for the same thing!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye £29 for 20gb is very steep.

I've gone for 40gb with Vodafone for £14.
I'm sure there was other deals about but I didn't shop around that much if I'm honest.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
My O2 is sim only but a 12 month contract (I'm well over that now so can cancel at any time) and it is £23 for 80gb not that I use it, but it wasn't any cheaper for less data.

I was looking to upgrade but all of the contracts I fancy are 36 months now and bloody extortionate. I can't justify £60+ per month for a new phone anymore.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just taken a sim with Smarty for £8 a month & 24gb data. 30 day rolling too so can increase/decrease that whenever I wanted or jump to another deal whenever.

They use Three network which is great where I am but I have heard mixed reviews about them tbf.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Just taken a sim with Smarty for £8 a month & 24gb data. 30 day rolling too so can increase/decrease that whenever I wanted or jump to another deal whenever.

They use Three network which is great where I am but I have heard mixed reviews about them tbf.

I have been using Smarty for my kids for probably 4 years now. £9 a month each for 30GB data.

Never had a problem with them, but Three has fairly decent coverage in my area.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Currently on an old sim-only contract because it still has roaming included, comes with 160GB for £22.85 with EE

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Bloody hell I am being had then, will have a shop around, although I bet I’m on some sort of contract that I’ve signed my life away on, will have to see how hard it is to get out of.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Bloody hell I am being had then, will have a shop around, although I bet I’m on some sort of contract that I’ve signed my life away on, will have to see how hard it is to get out of.
O2 used to be pretty good with deals. Like you, ive been with them forever. Recently though, they had begun to take the piss. I was on some ridiculous data plan (200gb?!) and unlimited everything else - was £20/month iirc. It then just kept going up, 25, then 30. Recently the wife pointed out it had gone up to 35 and I just felt like I was being spanked.

Looked on their app, £18/month unlimited everything and 75gb of data.

I swear they just increase it and increase it hoping people cant be bothered/notice.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
O2 used to be pretty good with deals. Like you, ive been with them forever. Recently though, they had begun to take the piss. I was on some ridiculous data plan (200gb?!) and unlimited everything else - was £20/month iirc. It then just kept going up, 25, then 30. Recently the wife pointed out it had gone up to 35 and I just felt like I was being spanked.

Looked on their app, £18/month unlimited everything and 75gb of data.

I swear they just increase it and increase it hoping people cant be bothered/notice.

Every year, when my 12 months is up I go into a comparison site and pretty much pick the same tariff on O2 but for less £££. Rinse and repeat.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Im on a virginmedia sim only £14/m for 20g data. Looking on their website they have better deals for new customers, Is it possible for me to buy one of those deals and then port my number on to it even if its VM transferring to VM?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Im on a virginmedia sim only £14/m for 20g data. Looking on their website they have better deals for new customers, Is it possible for me to buy one of those deals and then port my number on to it even if its VM transferring to VM?
There shouldn’t be any issues with doing that.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My o2 with 50gb for £12 and roaming looks a bargain compared to some of you guys.

Leon FR ST
Wouldn't take this as gospel but I was told I couldn't change from Vodafone to Vodafone and take my number with me without doing a direct upgrade with Vodafone. So left and went to three to allow me to keep my number with unlimited everything for £20 a month and a pixel 6a phone