ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile Phone Contract Thread.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Was close to going iPhone 8, but this was better value and the camera is ace.

Although my iPhone 7 was absolutely spot on, no issues.

Haven't cried or thrown the phone yet so happy days lol

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I can’t remember exact figures etc but I looked at upgrading the other day through my Vodafone account from my iPhone 6.

Turns out I can get the iPhone XS cheaper than the iPhone X..

Same storage, same deal (data, mins, texts etc) and same contract length. Was only £4 cheaper a month but doesn’t make sense.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Got the note 9 up and running. Some awesome features on it, the face/iris recognition for unlocking is great. It does make you wonder how much information big brother is storing though !

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Mmmm not sure about this.

The phone is spot on, would i be happy with it for the next two years over an iphone???. I have two days left in the 14 cooling off period....

Reactions: DrR

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Mmmm not sure about this.

The phone is spot on, would i be happy with it for the next two years over an iphone???. I have two days left in the 14 cooling off period....
Why wouldn't you be happy with it over an iPhone? That's the real question

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I think the P20 is very iPhone like in my opinion.
You can choose to have an app drawer, or have all the apps on homescreens like apple. The icons look very iOS like, as does the settings menus etc.
Plus the screen notch, which I think was an iPhone thing?

The P20 is quality though. Feels nice in your hand, fingerprint scanner is instant, and the camera is awesome. As is all the editing you can do to pics on the phone.

I'm certainly not regretting moving away from nexus/pixel

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Oh definitely. The phone is great, very fast too.

Will have a think tonight and see.

It took me over a week to start trying the phone, so basing it on two days use.

I would say going from an Android phone it's an easy adjustment obviously.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Unless you are heavily sold into the Apple eco system with all their extras, I don’t see the iPhone as being a better contender to many of the top end Android devices. You’ll get used to it soon enough (probably would have if you’d used it from the go) and then you’ll realise how restrictive Apple are with some things.

I switch between my work phone (iPhone 7) and my personal one (Pixel 2xl).
I personally don’t like the iPhone but it’s free data and storage and a few apps are iPhone only which is a pain.

Stick with it.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Oh definitely. The phone is great, very fast too.

Will have a think tonight and see.

It took me over a week to start trying the phone, so basing it on two days use.

I would say going from an Android phone it's an easy adjustment obviously.

Android. it's the future! ??

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Getting used to it, slowly.

I have until tomorrow to decide then Android for two years. Does feel like I'm swapping factions lol

@Brucey Boy make my decision easier.....

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Was tempted by the 8 but no real improvement over the 7. The 10 I can't justify contract prices.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Sold the phone to one of the lads in work. Pretty sure looking online that any phone you get from the carrier is unlocked after 18 months. Handy.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
i didn't know lol. Not only did I sell the phone cheaper because I like him. He's now got an even better deal lol.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Was tempted by the 8 but no real improvement over the 7. The 10 I can't justify contract prices.

This makes me laugh. Honestly.

It's probably the single most used device in all of our lives and people stew over £10 or £20 a month. That's four pints of beer, or one dominos pizza.

I used my 7 for 2 years, and went an got a XS. So what if it's £75 a month? That's less than I pay in vehicle tax.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
This makes me laugh. Honestly.

It's probably the single most used device in all of our lives and people stew over £10 or £20 a month. That's four pints of beer, or one dominos pizza.

I used my 7 for 2 years, and went an got a XS. So what if it's £75 a month? That's less than I pay in vehicle tax.

75 quid a month
900 quid year!!
FLOL I have paid less for cars ?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I know. I do get fixated on prices for stuff, more so lately with having a new born and being the sole provider. Hope the new iPhone treats you well though, it looks great.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
75 quid a month
900 quid year!!
FLOL I have paid less for cars ?

But I'd bet I use it more than you use your car... people just have weird fixations on old prices. Like "phones used to be £20 a month". Yes, but the phone is now 20x better, and you use 100x more data.

As I said, it (for 90% of people) is the single most used item you own. It's my camera, keeps me in contact with my friends, is my satnav on my car and bike, lets me work on the move, facilitates my work (site surveys etc). £75 a month for all that really isn't much. I pay about the same for gas in my house. I could get a gym membership and shower there, and wear jumpers at home for the same cost, but it's a convenient item.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
But I'd bet I use it more than you use your car... people just have weird fixations on old prices. Like "phones used to be £20 a month". Yes, but the phone is now 20x better, and you use 100x more data.

As I said, it (for 90% of people) is the single most used item you own. It's my camera, keeps me in contact with my friends, is my satnav on my car and bike, lets me work on the move, facilitates my work (site surveys etc). £75 a month for all that really isn't much. I pay about the same for gas in my house. I could get a gym membership and shower there, and wear jumpers at home for the same cost, but it's a convenient item.

My phone does Exactly the same but for me for WAY LESS than 75 quid a month but it doesn't have a small Apple logo on the back I suppose.

But If your happy all good ?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
How much is your phone cost per month and what is it out of curiosity?

S8 costs me 9 quid a month.
If I factor in the cost of buying it SIM free and add on line rental over 2 years still only 30 quid a month if you want to look at it that way .
I would sooner pay up front for phone and have less outgoings each month.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
S8 costs me 9 quid a month.
If I factor in the cost of buying it SIM free and add on line rental over 2 years still only 30 quid a month if you want to look at it that way .
I would sooner pay up front for phone and have less outgoings each month.

I guess it's just horses for courses. I prefer the apple OS, and simplicity of it all. I could have stuck with my iphone 7 and been paying peanuts, but new things are fun.