ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Maxi

Hey buddies

In the past I had Clio 2 Ph1 Gr.N.Now I am thinking of a new rally car, I would like to build a Clio Mk1 Maxi.
I bought a Clio 197 engine with a gearbox, quite cheap from a buddy.The engine has been in the garage for 2 years and I would like to use it.
For construction I would like to use Clio Mk1 1.2.Unfortunately, I could not find a similar project anywhere on the forum. Maybe one of you did such a swap?
I am not interested in the issue of the engine beam because the engine will be controlled by a stand-alone computer.I am more interested in the mechanical matter and the installation of a six-speed gearbox.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I don't know of that exact conversion being done but know of one with megane turbo conversion in it with the 6 speed megane gearbox. Involves cutting and rewelding notches into the chassis rail and subframe on the passenger side to clear the gearbox

adir

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
people done 172 conversation on clio mk1. so i cant see why the 197 lump wont be the same. as i have on my daily ph1 197 engine..