ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire

2007 Clio 1.4 16v
Just wandering if any one can help got a 2007 clio 1.4 16v and engine light on and misfire when idleing when revving it's sounds fine had new plugs coil pack injectors new maf sensor but still engine light on and misfire when idleing any advice much appreciated

2007 Clio 1.4 16v
Says cylinder 3 misfire then it changed to cylinder 2 put new coil pack on today gone back to cylinder 3 now just them to all the time when revving it fine but just when idleing bit sluggish and engine light on

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I would start by taking one plug of each injector at a time and see if the engine note changes. If you get to the cylinder with the missfire, remove the plug and nothing happens then you could have a problem with the wiring or the injector. You have had new injectors and you mentioned it went from one cylinder to another so it could be the wiring and you had a new coil pack but did you replace the leads for new genuine items?

2007 Clio 1.4 16v
I would start by taking one plug of each injector at a time and see if the engine note changes. If you get to the cylinder with the missfire, remove the plug and nothing happens then you could have a problem with the wiring or the injector. You have had new injectors and you mentioned it went from one cylinder to another so it could be the wiring and you had a new coil pack but did you replace the leads for new genuine items?
Got new wiring for the injectors coming after that it's just the wiring to the coils and don't have a clue wot to do replaced everything can think of like I said once over 1000 rpm it sounds brilliant but once it drops it's sluggish and engine light on