ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane R26 no.059

RS Clio 182
I recently got this beast,straight swapping it in PX for my LY 200 - id heard that the megs are a bit more comfortable to drive in everyday situations,and with the flatspot/cold start issues i was having with the 200,i jumped at the chance of a swap with this.

Seems like a very good example,66K,FSH,new tyres and brakes and an RS tuning remap to around 265 BHP. Its had 10 owners in 10 years so that has surprised me as it seems to be spot on!! The bodywork/interior is in good condition despite a few marks in the plastic.

Also has a Forge dump valve which i know is a marmite thing hehe.

It has Xenons and keyless entry which is a bit confusing as i dont think it has the lux pack.

It feels very quick,and the LSD just makes it stick to corners...ive never had a turbo before so the boost was unexpected hehe. Ive come from a Akra 200 so this actually seems quiet!

Future plans for it :

R26r spolier (maybe)
R26 reg plate (maybe)
Replacement gear knob (any recommendations?)
hdr_1498928533645.jpg

RS Clio 182
Some more pics....9 previous owners is a strange one! Averages 1 owner a year,i dont get it as these kind of cars attract the more 'enthusiasts',people who know a bit more about cars and not someone who just goes out and gets a Fiesta ST or Corsa VXR. Maybe they just couldnt afford to run it?

IMG_2902.JPG
IMG_2907.JPG
IMG_2910.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've had a clio for four weeks, less I think.

My first I owned for 5 weeks, two of them were in the showroom for sale.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Some more pics....9 previous owners is a strange one! Averages 1 owner a year,i dont get it as these kind of cars attract the more 'enthusiasts',people who know a bit more about cars and not someone who just goes out and gets a Fiesta ST or Corsa VXR. Maybe they just couldnt afford to run it?

View attachment 194395 View attachment 194396 View attachment 194397
Most of them are owned by people who wanted an upgrade from the Clio and then realised they missed n/a power and then use the excuse of "I want to get some money for a house deposit" and then they just spunk it all on a clio trying to make it better.

Rinse and repeat.

Looks lovely though!

RS Clio 182
I've had a clio for four weeks, less I think.

My first I owned for 5 weeks, two of them were in the showroom for sale.

Looking at the mileage history of this one,it did just 2k miles in one year around 2015,and only 4K last year! So it hasnt really covered many miles in the last few years,the guy i bought it off was the founder of one of the Megane forums,and he had it at the 'ring earlier this year.

RS Clio 182
Most of them are owned by people who wanted an upgrade from the Clio and then realised they missed n/a power and then use the excuse of "I want to get some money for a house deposit" and then they just spunk it all on a clio trying to make it better.

Rinse and repeat.

Looks lovely though!

Yeah,NA vs Turbo is an interesting one - i love the instant boost but sometimes i miss the louder more 'alive' feeling of NA. This is a perfect car though for the balance between commuting and b-road blasts.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Nice. LY is a great colour. Just sold my R26, missed NA too much - especially Vtec :) Megane was far quicker though

RS Clio 182
Nice. LY is a great colour. Just sold my R26, missed NA too much - especially Vtec :smile: Megane was far quicker though

Yeah,your thread was a great read - my 200 with the Akra fitted was too loud for me in everyday 20-30 mph commuting traffic. Ideal for a b-roads/weekend toy - but the R26 has a far more civilised side to it,plus being absolutely rapis when you want it to be. I do miss that growl sometimes though hehe.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah,your thread was a great read - my 200 with the Akra fitted was too loud for me in everyday 20-30 mph commuting traffic. Ideal for a b-roads/weekend toy - but the R26 has a far more civilised side to it,plus being absolutely rapis when you want it to be. I do miss that growl sometimes though hehe.
They definitely do! Enjoy it bud.

RS Clio 182
Update on my R26 after more than a year of ownership :

Just hit 83K in it - the starter motor has just failed so its currently in the garage and at the same time ive decided to get the belts and water pump done. (were done 4 years ago). And theres a really nasty 'whiny belty'' noise coming from the engine on cold,so its time they were done!

Future plans :

R26R spoiler
Damage repair to my rear wheel arch (been quoted £750 for full LY respray to the side of the car)
Respray the rear bumper (its been sprayed wrong in the past for some reason)
New Gearknob (Any recommendations?)
R26 Plate
Paint Recaro seat runners black and fit some decals at the base.
IMG_3463.jpg
IMG_3241.jpg

Vxr
I recently got this beast,straight swapping it in PX for my LY 200 - id heard that the megs are a bit more comfortable to drive in everyday situations,and with the flatspot/cold start issues i was having with the 200,i jumped at the chance of a swap with this.

Seems like a very good example,66K,FSH,new tyres and brakes and an RS tuning remap to around 265 BHP. Its had 10 owners in 10 years so that has surprised me as it seems to be spot on!! The bodywork/interior is in good condition despite a few marks in the plastic.

Also has a Forge dump valve which i know is a marmite thing hehe.

It has Xenons and keyless entry which is a bit confusing as i dont think it has the lux pack.

It feels very quick,and the LSD just makes it stick to corners...ive never had a turbo before so the boost was unexpected hehe. Ive come from a Akra 200 so this actually seems quiet!

Future plans for it :

R26r spolier (maybe)
R26 reg plate (maybe)
Replacement gear knob (any recommendations?)View attachment 194346
FB_IMG_1591212450107.jpg
FB_IMG_1591212450107.jpg
looks familiar 😄😄