ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A couple of pictures courtesy of @Dr Jekyll before I took the s**t box home. (y)

104963683_914532042343464_7195753795320805711_n.jpg

105384840_594754628083208_5413867291803879088_n.jpg

Not updated in a while because there's not a huge amount going on.

Graham and I did a track day at Brands in August and the cars both performed faultlessly, even in the 30+ degree heat. My oil temp was pretty stable around 115 degrees. The very average AD08Rs held up ok too to be fair. When these eventually wear out I'll get some proper track tyres again because the difference is pretty extreme!

Anyway, nothing too exciting, but I uploaded one of my sessions to youtube, mainly to store it and look back on really. No editing done so first lap in a warm up and last lap is a cool down. Plenty of traffic out on track but making way through it is always fun.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I was just about to ask about the zinc coating
Thanks mate.

It all really stemmed from the clutch failure, thinking it was the gearbox and then sourcing a new one quickly for a straight swap over, that then presented me with the box problems. All done now though which is a relief. I've got two track days booked so far. One at Brands one at Bedford.

There's a place near (ish) me which does the coating. They're called Colins Chemical Backing. It's just zinc coating, lots of places will do it. It costs about £20 for a shoe box of nuts and bolts.

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
Just read that entire thread Martin, you’ve certainly been on a journey with your car. Clubsport spec is definitely the way to go!!

More or less spent the whole day reading all 768 messages plus watching the vids and flicking through the photos (much to r lass’ annoyance)

Absolutely amazing

I’m buying a 182 this weekend, never been more excited for a car in all my life especially now after reading this.

Brilliant stuff guys, inspirational, it’s been a good day :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More or less spent the whole day reading all 768 messages plus watching the vids and flicking through the photos (much to r lass’ annoyance)

Absolutely amazing

I’m buying a 182 this weekend, never been more excited for a car in all my life especially now after reading this.

Brilliant stuff guys, inspirational, it’s been a good day :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha blimey!!

Thanks for the kind words though. It is very handy to have some inspiration when doing a project of your own.

Another very very late update! I use Insta for more frequent stuff now days, easier on the phone! @mjhmotorsport

Anyway the car is still going strong, although it's use during COVID has been very minimal unfortunately! Its MOT passed with flying colours again and the chap was very complimentary about the underside.

On my last track day I noticed a slight crunch into third second gear. So before it got any worse I thought it would be good to get it into AWMotorworks for an inspection. Man maths meant this spiralled out of control as normal, and Alex ended up doing a full box out rebuild for me so it was fully fresh to carry on worry free.

Whilst the box was out Alex also fitted a RTS turbo clutch kit for me, which has made the car unbelievably better to drive on the road to and from trackdays. The solid centre paddle I had before was horrendous on the road. It feels completely OEM now which is a lovely change! Not so lovely on the wallet though!

As always, highly recomment AWMotorworks for all your Renault needs. Always amazing service and well worth the round trip.

271543008_7244667618884282_9046190279297373702_n.jpg