ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manifold to Cat bolts have rusted through. What to do? Stupid 182

*rhyme mode off*

One bolt was AWOL, the other was hanging on. Looks like it has been held on by 1 bolt for a while, then today it gave up. I've bodged it with some wire to stop the bolt springing off to the side. It won't last long though. What are my options? Do away with the olive joint and weld the whole thing up?

43485561732_f455af85fa_b.jpg

43485561442_9aea717729_c.jpg

42628304945_9edeecdf4b_b.jpg

42628305175_3eec8ab2c0_b.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Looks like the little bucket the bolt holds into has gone, you should be able to get a new one in the hole.
Comes as part of the Renault fitting kit I think.

Little bit next to the bolt in this picture

imag0049-jpg.jpg

Yeah there isn't much meat left on the lugs. Especially on the cat end. It would be brilliant if a fitting kit would sort it though. Might be worth trying for £20

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yeah there isn't much meat left on the lugs. Especially on the cat end. It would be brilliant if a fitting kit would sort it though. Might be worth trying for £20
It's worth a try . It's not really driveable the way it is . Have a look at that kit I knocked up . All the parts are available on ebay . You can reuse your springs and the end caps that they sit in .

I'm going to give the local Renault dealer a ring tomorrow because I wanted it sorted ASAP. They probably wont have it though so I'll have a look at the stainless option.

Are the lugs on the cat supposed to be C shaped or an enclosed hole? Just because when I was tightening up that bolt it just wanted to slip off to the side. Which is why I used the wire

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
People do cut and re-weld the cats so it's possible if you could find a replacement part.

A new decat pipe is less than 50 quid tho, a cheap generic cat is 70.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'm going to give the local Renault dealer a ring tomorrow because I wanted it sorted ASAP. They probably wont have it though so I'll have a look at the stainless option.

Are the lugs on the cat supposed to be C shaped or an enclosed hole? Just because when I was tightening up that bolt it just wanted to slip off to the side. Which is why I used the wire
Should be a hole not C shaped, but they do seem to rust through and become C shaped . They are 12 ish years old now .

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Bit late now but mine was like that, I just welded a couple of nuts on to repair it been fine for the last few years.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Glad you've gone for a second hand cat, the aftermarket one on the black clio failed quickly! Became a decat during its first track outing!