ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY Clio 182

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well im happy even though it’s lived in some exotic places ?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well on another note I have fixed the bonnet release issue, changed the fucked wipers, sorted the lack of fluids from washer pumps, fitted a fuel rail guard and ordered some suspension bits to fit before the incredibly bad tracking is aligned.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well today has been a expensive start to ownership. Not a real suprise as if I’m going to have to do something, it will be done right first time.

Drivers side wheel has play in bearing, inner rack rod and outer end

Passenger side has same play in inner rack rod + end.

Arb bushes are cracked in and outer, bushes on wishbones split and ball joints have play.

So.....

Ordered new struts, topmounts, wishbones, inner rods, track rods ends and car mats whilst I was at it. £345.

Fortunately I have a set of genuine arb bushes and SKF bearings as spares I was given so they will finally come in use.

Drivers side caliber has play which is odd.! Not the main part but the piston side. Will investigate that tomorrow when the rain stops.

Going to be a busy few days.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well I have thrown my fair share of swear words at this thing the last few days.

Finally stripped off all the suspension. One thing is clear is that it’s never been apart before, bolts in wishbones all seized to metal collar on both sides, Inner rack ends were a c**t to remove, and the metal stabiliser bar on one side bolt shered off where it meets the inner wing.

All off now and sheered bolt removed.

All my new bits arrived today which is great. Ordered a new set of eibach springs from Germany for £107 delivered!

On the big negative side I inspected the auxiliary belt whilst everything is off. Not a great thing to see. Cracks.

Fitting new engine mounts tomorrow so I will inspect cambelt at the same time, not holding my hopes up. Belts were done in Dec 2015 25k ago. That auxiliary belt is a hell of a mess for that milage.

Reactions: MLB

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Seems like it would've been cheaper to just buy a better example, but I guess you'll know this one is done right when you finish.

Your not wrong. Problem is that if I had spent say 4.5-5k on one there are still no guarantees. Car will owe me that once paints done and I know it will be sound.

Any other colour and it would of been a f**k no, not been many LY for sale recently and the ones that have are either over priced or mega money.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Cool. Was just curious as they must be costing a few quid.

Was just being nosey/curious. I'm buying and selling a few cheap (sub 1k cars). Looked into a trade policy, £1300 ISH.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I have a multicar policy, 4x full sets of no claims and 2x phantom.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Let me know when/if you sell this one on.. I sense it would be a good purchase once you've spent a small fortune on it

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Fitted a 280mm brembo setup today from my other car. What a wanker of a job.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Great read this. Seems to be quite a lot of negativity around it and the price which comes across as jealousy. Just over 2k for a LY is a bargain! And no matter what you buy, you will have needed to do the majority of what you have done anyway!

Someone remind me how many LY are left on the road again?...

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Great read this. Seems to be quite a lot of negativity around it and the price which comes across as jealousy. Just over 2k for a LY is a bargain! And no matter what you buy, you will have needed to do the majority of what you have done anyway!

Someone remind me how many LY are left on the road again?...
Negativity, jealousy? Are you having hallucinations?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
All feedback is fine, as I said at the very start, any other colour this car would be worth 1k max.

I’m happy with how it’s going, once painted it’s going to owe my a total of 5-5.5k however it will be exactly how I want it with no hidden issues.

Sure I could buy one for 4-5k if I can find one but I doubt it will be as good as when I’m done with mine.

So be end of play next Tuesday the following will be done.

• New lower arms.
  • Inner rods and rack ends.
  • Inner and outer arb bushes
  • New shocks.
  • New springs.
  • New topmojnts
  • New engine and gearbox mount.
  • Whiteline arb
  • Brembo front brake conversion
  • All belts, pulleys, tensioners, delhaser.
  • All fluids
  • All filters

And if I get enough dry weather, a mint interior to include all dash trims like stereo, aircon panel etc.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Well done for taking a slightly rougher car and making it mint again. Pretty much how all my cars go, buy a slight shed, spend thousands doing it up and sell for a big loss lol.

Last edited:

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well done for taking a slightly rougher car and making it mint again. Pretty much how all my cars go, by a slight shed, spend thousands doing it up and sell for a big loss lol.

Arhhhhh that’s where your wrong ? won’t be selling it ???

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Suspension all built back up although waiting for one front shock to arrive today as sent a Megane shock.

Started getting some of the dash pieces ready to fit as the current parts have seen better days.

0F47F838-6C76-4A17-A42B-0CFD8362CED9.jpeg
855A0ABA-70A6-4793-9FC6-E3126B1C4840.jpeg
8F581386-0A82-4F7A-A697-A63F68E138BB.jpeg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Car finally back on the fooking ground.

Not been the smoothest of jobs, very obvious all suspension components are original excluding rack ends.

Alignment tomorrow, belts and service next week. Now need to sort body and wheels whilst working on interior.

290CFFF1-0B11-498C-88E9-11B0C77C1458.jpeg
6CA3FF1E-AF52-4367-AD75-5403FB180C54.jpeg

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Good work, its looking really good. Will look a lot better when the wheels are sorted but those stixkers on the grill ruin the whole car. Bit of a chavvy mod imo

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Other than remove bumper and refit lower grill I haven’t touched the exterior yet. However I agree the sticker on the grill looks gay. Hopefully I can remove it tomorrow.

Last edited: