ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Light steering under acceleration

clio sport
Hi hope someone has come across this before, the car has been off the road along time (7 years to be exact!) and has had some bits replaced, wishbones, track rod arms, all the bushes on steering rack and antiroll bar. Everything is tight it felt a bit all over the place so got the tracking done thinking this would cure steering but it hasn’t, it is a very strange feeling when putting my foot down it as if the front end lifts goes very light and then tracks all over the place to bumps and divots in the road. The tyres haven’t been replaced I was going to get some new alloys when a set come up for sale in my area so didn’t want to fork out if didn’t need to has anyone experienced this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clio sport
I don’t know they, they just did it and I left. Maybe il take it back and get them to check it again

clio sport
Continentals at front not sure off of top my head on back I think they are odd, I have spent a fortune on a car that wasn’t worth it and just didn’t want to spend unnecessarily and was hoping someone had had something similar, both of them did sit flat for a long time and I did read something about weight transfer going to the back when you put your foot down so maybe il try that first

Clio 182
Track rod ends are buggered, jack car up and wobble the wheels from side to side, any movement will show the issue.

No movement means hang on to the steering wheel a bit tighter lol

cheers

trev

Could be to much toe out and when accelerating this exaggerates toe out even more causing the car to move around following all the ruts in the road.

clio sport
So had some new tyres and it’s like a different car, never thought tyres would do that to a car! Thanks everyone for your input