ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lets talk house alarms

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Pretty much all of them !!!! Galaxy, Texacom, Scantronic, Guardtec/Risco, All the Pyronix range ! All really old stuff. The company's been going for 30 years.

Currently today and tomorrow I'm servicing a 200 zone school ?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Wha
Pretty much all of them !!!! Galaxy, Texacom, Scantronic, Guardtec/Risco, All the Pyronix range ! All really old stuff. The company's been going for 30 years.

Currently today and tomorrow I'm servicing a 200 zone school ?

What's your recommended system then ?

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Scantronic/Eaton ion compact. Its wireless and absolutely faultless.

Fair play they wired it !!!! When I was on the tools all the wireless stuff was a joke so had to wire... it's all hard work. Nowadays were in and out of a house within 3hrs !

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Scantronic/Eaton ion compact. Its wireless and absolutely faultless.

Fair play they wired it !!!! When I was on the tools all the wireless stuff was a joke so had to wire... it's all hard work. Nowadays were in and out of a house within 3hrs !

That's why they all try to sell ya
wireless !
Less secure but piss easy to install ?

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Its not less secure at all.

All Equipment used for Alarm's by NSI registerd companies are all Standardised through EN50131 and then installed using the BS4737. They have the exact same capability as Wired systems.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
So is the alarm free if you pay the contract?
On mine I pay 20 a year for the app will trigger 6 different phones when activated
First year warranty is included so I affect free maintenance.
50 quid a year thereafter so I fail to see whatbyou get from paying an extra 300 quid a year.
Also to cover your property effectively you will need at least one door trigger on each external door and PIR's in every room downstairs and landing at least!

Each to their own it just sounds like ADT Is making a VERY overpriced deal IMO.

If wireless system they are fitting probly cost 450 plus vat installed max any other company. Sounds a very basic system to me.

Also you may find in small print that with constant false alarms they wil take you off monitoring anyway.
I can keep all of the equipment after 18 months and stop the monthlies - I just lose the monitoring.

The monthly payments give me 24/7 monitoring and response, as well as remote and on-site engineer assistance if there’s any issues with the system.

All the batteries and LED’s are refreshed annually, as well as replacement equipment if required. For the sake of £50, it’s all installed for me and I can spend that time sorting the garden out (I’m building a Wendy house on installation day...!).

I appreciate a self-installed system will be cheaper, but I’m the type of person that will quite happily let someone do the legwork for me, particularly when it comes to electrics. Being a monitored system too, means it’s almost entirely worth-free for me and the wife, too.

I will also fit some CCTV at some stage, given I have Nest thermostats I’ll potentially use their cameras, too.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
That's why they all try to sell ya
wireless !
Less secure but piss easy to install ?
Its not less secure at all.

All Equipment used for Alarm's by NSI registerd companies are all Standardised through EN50131 and then installed using the BS4737. They have the exact same capability as Wired systems.

You cant hack wired system unlike a wireless one. My mate is an installer and he won't have a wireless system in his own house.

Not saying it's easy and way beyond your average burglar but it can be done.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
You can't 'Hack' modern Wireless systems.

You can try to Jam them... That will then set the alarm off or create a fault.

What company does your mate work for out of Curiosity ?

A little bump on this,

Thinking of getting the Yale SR-320 as a little extra security and piece of mind.

How are people finding the app as i'm still reading that it's pretty poor and would probably be the main tool i use for turning it on and off.

Also, can you set a door contact to chime when opened?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
A little bump on this,

Thinking of getting the Yale SR-320 as a little extra security and piece of mind.

How are people finding the app as i'm still reading that it's pretty poor and would probably be the main tool i use for turning it on and off.

I got a pyronix in the end well impressed with it and the app is fantastic ??

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
A little bump on this,

Use the app daily and doesnt cause any issues.
Once in a blue moon it screws up

Ended up going with the Yale one i mentioned above, didn’t want something too expensive it was just for an extra bit of security on top of decent locks, cctv and good neighbours.

I quite like it, easy to install although i haven’t found somewhere to put the pir sensors yet but the door contacts are doing the job well and alarm sound is nice and loud inside and out with plenty of notifications to my phone.

Oh and the fact my hue lights around the house also flash when it’s going off!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
what do I need to do to connect a hue light to my yale system?

really hard to find any actual info?