ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leeRS Clio Sport 172 ph2

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Thought i would get a thread going to share my experiences with you guys and for future reference to look back on.

Bought car October 2014.
49,800 miles.
FSH, very tidy.
kumho tyres, ktec top mounts, stainless exhaust (not sure on brand but nice tone)
They are mods I noticed while checking the car over.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20141019_0001.png
    wp_ss_20141019_0001.png
    673.5 KB · Views: 364
  • wp_ss_20141019_0004.png
    wp_ss_20141019_0004.png
    647.8 KB · Views: 350
  • wp_ss_20141019_0006.png
    wp_ss_20141019_0006.png
    635.7 KB · Views: 316
  • wp_ss_20141019_0007.png
    wp_ss_20141019_0007.png
    469.1 KB · Views: 341

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
have had cambelt kit, aux kit, dephaser all done for peace of mind. Feels a lot tighter all round and is running sweet as a nut from cold. May go and get it timed up but to be honest it feels as good as it can.
the chav surrounds are coming off the plates and have ordered a 3/4 for the front.
pictures to follow when it arrives.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Your car is Pearl Black mate

Black Gold is a 182 colour, as it's Black with little specks of Gold in it. Self explanatory really :wink:

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I thought so. Just wanted to double check :)
a quick update, ive got the surrounds off the plates now. Just waiting for my 3/4 to arrive from fancyplates. Hopefully it doesn't take to long as ive got the front plate on the dash at the moment

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
have now got the plates on and have ordered me a fabia splitter.
will add some photos when ive got it fitted.
I'm on the prowl for some cooksport springs and have posted over on the wanted section.
if you have any or know of anyone selling let me know.
sportlines would be ok aswell as long as they are in good Nic.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Very Nice ! Black Pearl is a little nicer than Black gold I think. Your car looks in really good conditon, even the steering wheel has both thumb grips in tact. Only thing I never really liked about the 172's were the wheels - although they are really easy to clean.
Gus

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
cheers mate, an old fella had it before me, is in mint condition to be fair. When inwent to look at it the guy told me it was mint so I thought yeah yeah, here we go. When I got there and saw it was like showroom spec.
well happy with it :)

i like the original alloys. Must admit I'm tempted to throw some turinis on it in white.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
WP_20141122_11_01_52_Pro.jpg
update:

new plates on, French flag grill stickers (I made these, can make more) and have bought a Fabia splitter but I'm yet to fit that.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
few photos after cleaned inside.
one photo before the splitter is fitted will post another after ita fitted and one before I put some cooksports on

Attachments

• WP_20141122_12_38_31_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141122_12_38_31_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 190
  • WP_20141122_12_38_55_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141122_12_38_55_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 168
  • WP_20141122_12_39_31_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141122_12_39_31_Pro.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 191

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
managed to get the splitter on today. Was a pretty straight forward job. Hardest part was probably trimming the edges at the right angle so I just used electrical tape to get a visual of if and got a thin circular blade to cut off the overhang.
the second pic gives you an idea of how much bigger the fabia splitter is if you are thinking of fitting one.
£12 job and took about 30mins to do. Happy days.

Attachments

• WP_20141122_15_39_39_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141122_15_39_39_Pro.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 204
  • WP_20141122_16_01_48_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141122_16_01_48_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 261
  • WP_20141122_16_16_08_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141122_16_16_08_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 249
Last edited:

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
picked up some cooksports from ldubl.
cant wait to get them on.
how much is it to get springs fitted at a garage on average?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
managed to get the splitter on today. Was a pretty straight forward job. Hardest part was probably trimming the edges at the right angle so I just used electrical tape to get a visual of if and got a thin circular blade to cut off the overhang.
the second pic gives you an idea of how much bigger the fabia splitter is if you are thinking of fitting one.
£12 job and took about 30mins to do. Happy days.
Nice, I ordered one form seeing yours, pick it up tomorrow. How do you stick the splitter to the car?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
self tapper screws.
is a lot easier with 2 people. One to hold it in place and one to screw it on.
before you start, cut the little tabs off flush so they don't get in the way.

Reactions: Gus

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
cheers nath. Have got a ramp I can use anyway so will do it myself. Just wondered if it was like £50 I would get it done tomorrow.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I'm happy with the sound of the exhaust that's on at the moment.
I would probably go for the Fattys induction setup if any purely because it sounds mint, looks good and its cheap :D

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
WP_20141220_13_04_10_Pro.jpg
WP_20141220_13_04_21_Pro.jpg
WP_20141220_13_04_38_Pro.jpg
WP_20141220_13_04_57_Pro.jpg
gave the car a polish. I hate doing it because I notice new stone chips every time.
just found red paint on my door strip aswell. Luckily it was just on the surface and hasn't damaged my paintwork. Bas***ds!
pic of it on cooksports aswell with standard shocks as I see a few people ask about this setup.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
just need me some spacers to get the arches filled a bit.
having the alloys powdercoated white and wrapping the wing mirrors white aswell.
might do the badges white aswell, not sure yet.
cup spoiler aswell after Xmas when ive got some money spare.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
having the alloys powdercoated white and wrapping the wing mirrors white aswell.

Oh dear, was going good until I read white wheels and wrapped mirrors etc, looks bloody good as it is, don't ruin it!!

So many of these look.awful nowadays, I nice oem looking one stands out more imo

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good, nice low mileage too!

It would be worth refreshing bushes and shocks (get the 172 cup front and 182 rear) whilst doing the springs, it'll make it a completely different car :)

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Your car is looking fantastic - ,much prefer your black insert xenons compared to the grey ones - especially on a black car.
Will ping you a message mid january when I will be selling my black cup spoiler.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
sj2112 that's not a definate yet :)
I get bored of seeing the same thing done to every Clio.
might actually go anthracite on the wheels having seen a picture of one.
definatley keeping the original 172 alloys though as I want to keep it as stock as possible.
the mirror idea I think came from boredom and wanting something to do while ive got 2 weeks off work :p

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
By all means just my opinion, I just find that so many are ruined now, and less is more...

But I know what you mean by getting bored, but at the same time don't just do tacky mods for the sake of it ;-)

sj2112 that's not a definate yet :smile:
I get bored of seeing the same thing done to every Clio.
might actually go anthracite on the wheels having seen a picture of one.
definatley keeping the original 172 alloys though as I want to keep it as stock as possible.
the mirror idea I think came from boredom and wanting something to do while ive got 2 weeks off work :tongueout:

anthracite would look good lee imo better than white

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
By all means just my opinion, I just find that so many are ruined now, and less is more...

But I know what you mean by getting bored, but at the same time don't just do tacky mods for the sake of it ;-)

I seen someone on here's car with the white alloys and I did like it.
ive just had another look at it and found i much prefer them darker :p

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good, nice low mileage too!

It would be worth refreshing bushes and shocks (get the 172 cup front and 182 rear) whilst doing the springs, it'll make it a completely different car :smile:

the springs are already on.
even with the standard shocks the car feels so much tighter.
will be upgrading the shocks eventually anyway. I just needed to get the springs changed as I had been sitting in the clouds for to long.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
thing is, with having the wheels done, I havnt got any other wheels to put on while they have got mine....
what did you do?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
if you don have spare wheels you could sit it on axel stands or bricks (gangsta) ... yeah the spoiler is black gold. Pearl black cup spoilers dont come up for sale anywhere near as often. Your other option is a Trophy/V6 replica spoiler for £80ish on ebay and get that painted.