ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Late mid-life crisis ...........

Evo 6 tme
Hello all at present i own a Mitsubishi Evo VI Tommi Makinen Edition but looking for something to thrash around a track or rather "the green hell" the only experience i have of Renault is my first turbo car was a Renault 5 turbo and i have the broken thumbs to prove it Needing to learn everything about a clio or rather all the bad bits to look out for btw im really old (56) so please be gentle ?

Welcome to the forum :)

What's your budget? What version do you like/prefer/want? Will it be a stripped-out track beast or a daily used on track 3 times a year? Will you be spannering yourself or paying someone else to do it?

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi Boyd, im 56 also, not sure where you live but try your local main dealer and see if they have a facelift Trophy you can take for a spin. The Renaultsport track days are a good way to experience clios and they normally have press cars to try. The club meets are a good way to meet members, many who have a wealth of knowledge of all the different models and are mostly a friendly bunch. im glad youve seen the light.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
if you need to learn, suggest you get a sub £1000 running 172 (Phase 1 or 2) and take it for a thrash around your local track

That's what I did, tinkered with a few things, got some spare wheels with track tyres, and a half roll cage- and away I went

Its roadgoing, so no trailering needed, and I do about 6 a year to get rid of the "need for speed" feeling

Lasted me well so far

Then decide what next...… which is where I am at LOL

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Lots of my customers have high end performance cars and buy Mk2 Clios as the cheaper fun track car.
They are not cheap per-say to modify and its easy to get carried away with lots of cool parts but relative to modifying your Evo - its a bargain.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
if you need to learn, suggest you get a sub £1000 running 172 (Phase 1 or 2) and take it for a thrash around your local track

That's what I did, tinkered with a few things, got some spare wheels with track tyres, and a half roll cage- and away I went

Its roadgoing, so no trailering needed, and I do about 6 a year to get rid of the "need for speed" feeling

Lasted me well so far

Then decide what next...… which is where I am at LOL

Slap a turbo on it lol

RS Clio 220 Trophy
Hello all at present i own a Mitsubishi Evo VI Tommi Makinen Edition but looking for something to thrash around a track or rather "the green hell" the only experience i have of Renault is my first turbo car was a Renault 5 turbo and i have the broken thumbs to prove it Needing to learn everything about a clio or rather all the bad bits to look out for btw im really old (56) so please be gentle ?

I am 68 this year and love my RS 220 Trophy.......Never too old!

Attachments

• E68B36B5-CBA2-4415-BFE8-83F939B23E49.jpeg
    E68B36B5-CBA2-4415-BFE8-83F939B23E49.jpeg
    648.2 KB · Views: 232

Sider

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Hi, I'm also new to the brand, ex Evo owner and old!!!
We've had Evo IV, VI and X's and loved them but when you start modding and especially tracking them the skys the limit!!!
I've just got a couple of Clios and done a trackday in each, although a million miles from the Evo they were great fun, I just looking at stripping one out now to use purely for the track.
My opinion is, whatever the Clio costs it's going to be a fraction of Evo ownership, and more simple to maintain ?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Theres only one thing on my mind about getting older, is when you buy that Audi R8 or similar, cos the pension pot is the only real money i'll ever have, will you be able to get in and out of it......

Clio 197,with megan'
I had an FQ400, running 636bhp, among many other cars, As some of you know, I now run a Meglio 320/340, and I start track days April/ May this year, and I am 79 years old this year. My sister who sometimes comes with me is 89 years old this year.I am obviously in my mid life crisis, but I will try to grow up soon.

Clio 197,with megan'
I had an FQ400, running 636bhp, among many other cars, As some of you know, I now run a Meglio 320/340, and I start track days April/ May this year, and I am 79 years old this year. My sister who sometimes comes with me is 89 years old this year.I am obviously in my mid life crisis, but I will try to grow up soon.
Sorry, I should have said, my EARLY mid life crisis.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
I’m 53 this year. The Mrs is 38. You’re only as old as you want to be. I drive a 18ton truck for work. I have a Q7 as a daily. So when I need to have some fun I book a track day and drive it like I’ve stolen it. It’s the best bang for buck you’ll ever get. Saying that I’m getting close to £***** spent.