ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lancer Evolution Appreciation Thread

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Feels good though right! Twin plate next which will take more abuse, then it will be gearbox ?

Evo 5 RS
Why do you always have to say bad things lol. It does rip, that's for sure. Had no plans to change the clutch out for non OEM part, but it's just one of those things where whilst it's out...

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve never ever ever ever felt the inclination to launch mine! Mostly because the running gear is 18 years old, and I have a modicum of mechanical sympathy. Haha.

Did get it back yesterday after it spent 7 weeks down at M.A. I had an 8 rear diff, XP8 rear pads (hate them), slight map tweak, and a few changes to the geo done.

01a5beb0e55130599293e74326edd3ca.jpg

I don’t know if it’s placebo from running around in solely my wife’s CRV and the Micra I stole off my father in law, but Jesus H. Christ it feels incredible.

Evo 5 RS
I’ve never ever ever ever felt the inclination to launch mine! Mostly because the running gear is 18 years old, and I have a modicum of mechanical sympathy. Haha.

Did get it back yesterday after it spent 7 weeks down at M.A. I had an 8 rear diff, XP8 rear pads (hate them), slight map tweak, and a few changes to the geo done.

View attachment 1375127

I don’t know if it’s placebo from running around in solely my wife’s CRV and the Micra I stole off my father in law, but Jesus H. Christ it feels incredible.
Good to see it back on the road!

Do you even have a 2 step limiter on yours with the map? Wouldn’t bother trying to launch it if not. Today was the first time I’d bothered trying, have plenty of mechanical sympathy otherwise lol. Can’t imagine 120 straight laps at Brands is much different long term, as your diff will testify :p

It’s all good in moderation (he says). It’s definitely not placebo, if you’re driving around in a slower car a lot then it will feel rapid going back to it. Keeps things fresh lol.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Good to see it back on the road!

Do you even have a 2 step limiter on yours with the map? Wouldn’t bother trying to launch it if not. Today was the first time I’d bothered trying, have plenty of mechanical sympathy otherwise lol. Can’t imagine 120 straight laps at Brands is much different long term, as your diff will testify :p

It’s all good in moderation (he says). It’s definitely not placebo, if you’re driving around in a slower car a lot then it will feel rapid going back to it. Keeps things fresh lol.

Touché.

But I know what I’d rather spend my time doing. This car isn’t built for the drag strip. [emoji6]

And yeah, partial placebo, but I messaged Mark and he said he played with my map a bit too and I’ve ‘probably got a bit more’. Happy days.

Evo 5 RS
Touché.

But I know what I’d rather spend my time doing. This car isn’t built for the drag strip. [emoji6]

And yeah, partial placebo, but I messaged Mark and he said he played with my map a bit too and I’ve ‘probably got a bit more’. Happy days.
Oh I concur 100%, but you have to try it. It's an AWD rally car, sadly launching off the line is something it's quite good at, save for the health of your transmission running gear lol

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
It is just a toy for us lol

It's a 1936 Albion lorry, we've owned it from new. Was restored about 20 years ago.

That's incredible. Long time to own something! I do love how some haulage companies embrace and celebrate their heritage by maintaining some old vehicles. Bet it's quite an experience to drive.

Rb 182
That's incredible. Long time to own something! I do love how some haulage companies embrace and celebrate their heritage by maintaining some old vehicles. Bet it's quite an experience to drive.

I'm one of a few that have driven it in the road. But yes it's hot, noisy and very difficult to steer and shift gears. I think the hardest part is that the pedals from l to r go clutch, accelerator then brake. So it goes against everything you were taught when you started driving.

Evo 5 RS
I've never found 'sensible caps' to fit me very well.

What's the long term next ride?

No idea at this point. I'd have kept it if I had sat down and had a reasonable discussion about what would fill the same boots for the money. Was thinking of going a bit nuts eventually, though. R34 perhaps, but don't quote me on that just yet lol

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm one of a few that have driven it in the road. But yes it's hot, noisy and very difficult to steer and shift gears. I think the hardest part is that the pedals from l to r go clutch, accelerator then brake. So it goes against everything you were taught when you started driving.

Driven it more than your evo m9