ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lancer Evolution Appreciation Thread

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Few more

WfwcXIy.jpg

O0fus5B.jpg

A3UdL0A.jpg

mHueyf0.jpg

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Wheel looks so much better. If I can get mine off (tried with the biggest breaker bar you can imagine, locktite ftl) I may get mine done!

Just for me, can you pop a Mitsubishi triple diamond back on the back please? Ta. :)

No, f**k you. lol :D. I have all the original UK lettering but actually prefer it as it is. Have the diamond waiting to go on but I kind of like it just with the JDM badge

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Heh, needs to come up a bit but red diamond would look pretty good too, aye.

Oh, you fixed my shitty plate too. Yeah that’s on the to do list lol

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Lol! Didn’t notice that either. Not sure you can legally, can you?

See I’m not too bothered about the bumper as really i’d prefer a 9 bumper but it’s not a 9...

So I make do, it’s like the ugly son you love because nobody else will.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
You can probably fiddle with the rear clusters to hook something up, I lost one of my reverse lights on my dc5 and made that a fog light.
That's what was done to the impreza too.

So much better than having a Halfords fog light hanging from the bumper

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
That's what was done to the impreza too.

So much better than having a Halfords fog light hanging from the bumper

Because JDM. They’re all retro fitted when they came to the UK. It’s never really bothered me personally otherwise I’d have removed it last week lol

Need's fitting a bit lower too.

#shed

So does your spoiler x

Lol I know, bodyshop fitted it like that. They’ve done a good job otherwise thankfully

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Booked into WheelWorks next week. Same colour just one has had a blow in job where they didn’t clean it, and another has a small scuff. They weren’t done to a great standard as it was done before I bought the car in the Midlands where everything isn’t as nice. *Flinches*

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Because JDM. They’re all retro fitted when they came to the UK. It’s never really bothered me personally otherwise I’d have removed it last week lol

So does your spoiler x

Lol I know, bodyshop fitted it like that. They’ve done a good job otherwise thankfully
My spoiler is so low it fell off.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
So after getting the car yesterday and getting it up on the ramp for a proper look, it looks like the oil filter had come slightly loose and was spaffing a wee bit on the right side. It was hard to tell at the time as the oil had collected a lot of s**t on the road so it looked like grease. Doh!

Meant I had more free time on the day so cleaned it up and used almost a full tank blasting around the back roads of Surrey. 1.6 bar still feels rapid. You cover serious ground, I guess it doesn't weigh a lot which will contribute a lot, but on some of the carriageways back from Horsham upon looking down at the speedo is an eye opener if you're like me and used to more conventional hot hatches.

Saying this, it's going to be interesting to see how things stack up if I opt for a different vocation as I could be driving some serious metal around in a couple of months time (GT3 RS etc). Not mine, though. I wish.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So after getting the car yesterday and getting it up on the ramp for a proper look, it looks like the oil filter had come slightly loose and was spaffing a wee bit on the right side. It was hard to tell at the time as the oil had collected a lot of s**t on the road so it looked like grease. Doh!

Meant I had more free time on the day so cleaned it up and used almost a full tank blasting around the back roads of Surrey. 1.6 bar still feels rapid. You cover serious ground, I guess it doesn't weigh a lot which will contribute a lot, but on some of the carriageways back from Horsham upon looking down at the speedo is an eye opener if you're like me and used to more conventional hot hatches.

Saying this, it's going to be interesting to see how things stack up if I opt for a different vocation as I could be driving some serious metal around in a couple of months time (GT3 RS etc). Not mine, though. I wish.
We will have to meet up bud.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Not since i picked it up lol. In truth it doesn’t look much different in the pics it’s just the finish is much better than previously

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Burnt a whole tank on Sunday as had the day to myself. So-much-fun. Got chatting to a guy with a GTR35 who was frequenting my favourite spot in town, Shell, as he used to have an FQ300 and seriously regretted selling it and was in love with mine. Although he shut up when I jokingly offered part ex :D

Great to get complements whilst on the road, though. Makes it even more worth while IMO

1GqHUb4.jpg

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Cheers, I’d have to find out what colour it is exactly but think it’s a BMW code bud. Wheel Works threw it at me when I suggested bronze. The original colour for the Team Dynamics is a gun metal which I wasn’t keen on.

They look great bud, im going to get my wheels refurbished and am now thinking about this colour.....Hmmmmm.

Rb 182
I've had a bit of a knock from my 5 for a while now.

Removed the suspension to find 1 rear leaking, 1 front leaking and 1 front top mount gone.

Ideally looking for a second hand set of coilovers to replace them or even a good set of springs and shocks.

Anyone spotted anything around the 300-500 mark

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I've had a bit of a knock from my 5 for a while now.

Removed the suspension to find 1 rear leaking, 1 front leaking and 1 front top mount gone.

Ideally looking for a second hand set of coilovers to replace them or even a good set of springs and shocks.

Anyone spotted anything around the 300-500 mark
I may know of some second hand coilovers for sale nearby for you...

Rb 182
Oor Reece will be selling his old ones I think. I know he's got new ones for his new build anyway and I've seen the old ones still lying in the unit. Pretty certain they're Bilsteins too.

They are Bilsteins and he was selling. I asked about them, but he says they are sold and waiting on collection :(