ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lancashire Prestiege.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
A probable long shot.

Seen a Leon on eBay/gumtree and wondered by chance if anyone knows of them etc. Will give them a buzz tomo but thought I’d ask :)

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Seat Leon Cupra
Afraid not. But when/if you go to view any check all the doors unlock properly, had 2 rear locks replaced on mine, boss's Leon had had 1. Worth checking for history of cam follower being checked or replaced too. I'm switching to a stud kit on mine so I can check it more regularly without worrying about rounding the fuel pump mounting holes.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Seat Leon Cupra
Well it's not anything special spec wise, which they say it is, it's not got xenons for a start. All the rest of the kit you'll see in any Cupra from what I've seen. Belts done, which is good to see, but most will be at that kind of mileage. Seats look to be in good nick. Other than that; missing spare key, would prefer to see premium tyres, MOT history says it's had 2 broken springs, so have the shocks had some abuse too? And 2 current advisories
Advisory notice item(s)
  • Offside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit near minimum legal limit (4.1.E.1)
  • Central Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases (7.1.2)

I'd say it's a fair price from a dealer, I paid less than £5k for mine, was higher mileage, but stage 2 goodies and an LSD :sneaky:.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Nice. Thought maybe it was facelift onwards.

My plan was a clio 200 but these do tick more family fun boxes. How do you find yours? Not lots about which is annoying. I’d be happy at like 5/5200 ish with what needs doing.

But they do seem to sell quickly and the miles is decent too. Will get a better idea after I’ve spoken to him.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ive always thought these were good looking cars but wow..
Holy 1990's cavalier dashboard batman.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That dash makes me cry......!
Ive always thought these were good looking cars but wow..
Holy 1990's cavalier dashboard batman.

Interiors of the Leon were sorted in the 2009 facelift.

5_e2d9a0af-079e-4748-8.jpg

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Golf GTi DSG
I considered a Leon Cupra, found them a bit dull though tbh. They make a noise but it's not interesting, they look good from the outside, are quick and very tuneable but are just dull to drive, dull steering, dull engine. They also seem to rust from the ones I looked at and one my mate had. I looked at a few then fell asleep. Bought a Focus ST instead, which has a marginally better dash but much better engine, steering, handling and a massive grin factor. Over a year on, still have a grin everytime I drive it. Other stuff to consider, Megane RS which is quicker and handles better than the ST, similar grin factor. Golf GTi which is nicer inside, better all round but slower and contains same dull engine as the Cupra (if ED30 anyway). Audi S3 which is all round dull. In my eyes, if you want fast and fun in a good sized hot hatch, you want Megane RS (250 or newer) or Focus ST (5 pot one).

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Seat Leon Cupra
Nice. Thought maybe it was facelift onwards.

My plan was a clio 200 but these do tick more family fun boxes. How do you find yours? Not lots about which is annoying. I’d be happy at like 5/5200 ish with what needs doing.

But they do seem to sell quickly and the miles is decent too. Will get a better idea after I’ve spoken to him.

The ride is quite harsh on mine, on eibach sportlines and some polybushes, but I may switch Koni FSD dampers as I had them on my mk1 S3. Sporty but comfortable, about £500. It's a bit hard to compare mine to a standard one, the diff makes a big (good) difference. As above the dash isn't great, stick an 8" touchscreen head unit in and it does improve it a lot. I'd love a facelift steering wheel but I think there's a lot involved to change them over unfortunately. I prefer them without the K1/btcc bodykit as it's more stealth, mine is debadged at the rear. When I get some time to wash it I'll get a thread up.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Just haven’t had chance to do anything today, boss is away for ten days as from tomo and we’ve been busy.

I’ve aaked what sort of money he would take as it is, he said make an offer. My initial though was 5000/5200 :/

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Seat Leon Cupra
They can be had cheaper, but not much with a FSH, especially local to us. £5500 seemed to be the going rate on ebay for a stage 1 - stage 2 car. Most of those screamed maintained on a budget or had limo tints or were bright yellow/orange/green etc.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Not many about that interest me like me this one.

Have mentioned a ball park figure so we shall see :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
He’s after 5400. Said I would sleep on it.

I’d want to replace tyres and other bits so will have a think.

I may be picky but I’m not in a rush.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know the "dealership" but I know the area the car is photographed in. I think it was Daniel who said he'd never buy a car from Bradford, this place is the same.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I don't know the "dealership" but I know the area the car is photographed in. I think it was Daniel who said he'd never buy a car from Bradford, this place is the same.

i'd never buy a car from Bradford either and I'm called Daniel. Spooky.

Lookin at the ebay profile, he's had a name change this year (cynical me) and also 90% feedback from only 22 activity. Guess you'd need to drive over - Burnley isn't very nice, but at least it's nicer than bradford!
As for the car, surely if you got bored of a meg you'd defo get bored of that. It's boring just to look at! Mega tuneable though I believe,

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  535d / t5 caravelle

This 100%, i wouldn’t buy s**t from the place, his ebay feedbacks not the best, not the worst, but given its Burnley based plus this, I’d be looking elsewhere, could be a genuine car and dealer, but I wouldn’t drive 5 miles in that direction to find out either way, just my opinion of course.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  535d / t5 caravelle
It is in my opinion, I wouldn’t buy a car from The place, I went to view a Megane r26 from a place near by ( colne ) can’t remember the name of the garage but it was very flash looking, ( similar name, maybe Lancashire performance centre ) pics took elsewhere, looked really good, had very high end performance cars in stock, got there had to drive up some f**king cobbled path that was fucked! I could hardly get my Clio up and around this tight bend to this s**t hole lock up, where all the cars where crammed in. The Megane I was going to see was also crammed in, I walked away within about 2minutes, and found a decent one elsewhere.

This along with another car buying episode in Bradford that nearly happened, has just confirmed what I already thought/knew about these places. Like I said could be a genuine dealer, but I wouldn’t be wasting my time finding out. Tread carefully if you go.All IMO.