ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kangoo 182 Project

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Even though I have one of these myself - that I’m immensely proud of - this one looks Stunning in the pics. Clean and tidy and basically looks like it was actually made like it.
Cracking little van!

106 rallye
Glad the purchase went well, looks like he looked after it well, seeing it again makes me want to build another one.....

Yeah its super clean underneath, just a couple of dints in the rears that need the dent man to!

But yeah, great van, you did a cracking job

Whats the going rate for these at the moment? Obviously it depends on the quality of the job, donor van and clio, and what works etc, but... ?

I know what mine owes me, but i just had to dig a random value figure out of the air for insurance... I said £4k
(Mine is silver, solid donor body, electric windows,, poly-bushed everything, new k-teck shocks, standard 182 brakes, AC, decent wheels...)

106 rallye
I gave £2400 but talking with @H2MRK that was a very good price with the work n parts that went on it.

I think normally for half finished ones anything between £2500 and £3k so its up to you, its what someones willing to pay

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
Built for you at 10k...... nah

Buy non runner 500
Buy clio 2000
Labour to have conversion done. 1k.

I know that's what I'd take to do it. Same as Gary.

Basic conversion id say between 1800-2000. But depends on spec.

1K labour?? not nearly enough given the time and effort required to do a GOOD job.
And there's the custom exhaust, renewing various bits along the way, engine service, poly bushes, making the heating, AC, windows, lights etc work...

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
1k is fair. And you get a good job.

Way you make it sound is like there a nightmare of a job and should be 5k labour to do.

Conversion isn't hard at all.

Me and Gary are on par with the amount we've done.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
But its not alot of work though. Majority of it is unbolt rebolt. Wiring is simple.

Alot of time is saved buy doing it in the garage, on a ramp where you have everything available.

Obviously there's more costs if you're doing belts/lowering.

But the 1k is 100% reasonable but if some one is willing to give you more then you would take it.

not start to finish but I've helped finish one off that was already done, and done other similar conversions. Its on my wish list to build one maybe this winter
Mm-kay! - All I'm saying is its a bigger job than some may think, you essentially have to source, transport, and completely disassemble 2 complete vehicles, making one good one, and if you're going to do it well, by god it takes a lot of time!!!!!!!
Its perfectly possible to make a running vehicle quick-ish, but then when you come to the small bits like adjustable front suspension, full engine service, clutch and oils, swapping the looms over, getting the heating, aircon, locks, traction control, etc etc, it all adds up.

Hands up - I don't know what sort of conversions Mick etc are offering, and if they and their customers are happy at that price point then hats off! incredible value for money. :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Mm-kay! - All I'm saying is its a bigger job than some may think, you essentially have to source, transport, and completely disassemble 2 complete vehicles, making one good one, and if you're going to do it well, by god it takes a lot of time!!!!!!!
Its perfectly possible to make a running vehicle quick-ish, but then when you come to the small bits like adjustable front suspension, full engine service, clutch and oils, swapping the looms over, getting the heating, aircon, locks, traction control, etc etc, it all adds up.
definitely, but I suppose the key is the experience of having done a load of them and having the space and tools to do it. My Clio conversion took me the best part of 6 months by the time I got it on the road. Doing a few hours a night and the odd weekend, sourcing parts etc but that was rebuilding everything and replacing almost everything as it was my own personal motor that I was keeping. But now that I've done one I could rattle one out a week probably!

I would assume the conversions the like of Mick is offering is taking a running Clio and providing a running kangoo. Anything else would be at request of the owner and quoted accordingly.

but once you have done a few you soon start rattling them out

106 rallye
It is a bigger job than people think. Like was said, disassemble 2 vehicles n label everything. Lay it out n refit.

I did a reshell of a saloon 330d into a 325ti compact, nightmare of a jo , literally, both cars down to a bareshell. I wouldnt like to price the job up

172 cup
Wish I’d seen these prices when I sold my cup, is it much more work to use a megane?

Last edited:

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
1k is fair. And you get a good job.

Way you make it sound is like there a nightmare of a job and should be 5k labour to do.

Conversion isn't hard at all.

Me and Gary are on par with the amount we've done.

You've done yourself out of a free 4 grand there. :ROFLMAO:

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
Box will fit. Just like the clios. I managed to get v6 engine and box in. There just more work thats all.

Meg wise you can use most the stuff just abit harder to wire
....maybe in over-estimating what you are delivering for that...
are you saying MOT ready, guaranteed pass? rear brake swap, seat swap etc,

or simply "it starts"
Drive in drive out. Mot ready.

I've done 7/8. Latest being a low boost one I've started doing

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Kangoo conversion is easy really, just labour intensive. Exhaust is really the only custom bit needed. Mine was based on a cup, no ac, no abs and rear drums.

1k is fair, 2 weeks labour or a week if your really grafting.