ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just picked up my 270bhp clio

What one do u think be quicker in a 1/4 mile drag

• Megane f1

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Turbo clio

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters
  clio270hp &megane f1
20181110_182917.jpg
need to get my megane 230 f1 and my remapped 225turbo engine clio up to crail see what one quicker

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
more spec reqd on both and tyres i will then tell you times for both ! ??

monaco 172
I recon the clio will struggle for traction in a standing start drag so the times may not be as good as you would have thought.

535d / t5 caravelle
it most certainly will struggle for traction, i took my 296bhp r26 up the strip, 1st gear was completely useless, best time i managed was 14.2, if id had traction mid 13's at a guess, terminal speed was 102mph i think. 14.2 was dissapointing, but once it got traction it was off, catching and passing a 320bhp scoob easy enough.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Clio will run 14.5 terminal 103
Meg if std 14.7 terminal 97

Post up pics of slips to prove I'm correct if ya ever take em?

535d / t5 caravelle
Clio will run 14.5 terminal 103
Meg if std 14.7 terminal 97

Post up pics of slips to prove I'm correct if ya ever take em[emoji6]
how are you so sure? intrigued?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
how are you so sure? intrigued?

Spent a lot of time at Santa pod. ? most people always thinks they will run way quicker times than they actually do.
They say I can get that half a second easy just the start etc when in reality if your driving it as well as you can that even 0.2 of a second is very difficult to get !

535d / t5 caravelle
Spent a lot of time at Santa pod. [emoji23] most people always thinks they will run way quicker times than they actually do.
They say I can get that half a second easy just the start etc when in reality if your driving it as well as you can that even 0.2 of a second is very difficult to get !
hope he takes them and your right lol

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
hope he takes them and your right lol

He won't take them ! and if he does they will be slower than he was expecting so
will say they did whatever better times but won't post up pics of timing slip ??

I'm still waiting on engine bay pics of clio probly is just a 1.2 ?

monaco 172
Spent a lot of time at Santa pod. ? most people always thinks they will run way quicker times than they actually do.

Completely agreed.

I goto Santa pod a few times each year and there's always some idiot who's spent a fortune on engine mods expecting a good time and end up with a slightly better time than stock.

Drag racing is a mugs game for a road car.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Completely agreed.

I goto Santa pod a few times each year and there's always some idiot who's spent a fortune on engine mods expecting a good time and end up with a slightly better time than stock.

Drag racing is a mugs game for a road car.

Better to rock up in a std car and show a few people how much cash they have wasted ???

535d / t5 caravelle
my mates well into santa pod, mk2 astra gte 680 bhp, 10.2 quarter mile @ 139 mph.

he was there when i ran my r26, slicks you need f**king slicks was his response to my lack of traction lol.

i couldn't give 2 s***s tbh, i knew exactly how quick it was on the road, a fair bit quicker than my time suggested.

i only ran it out of curiosity.

Clio 197,with megan'
I run a meg Clio, 320/340.How quick is it?. I don't know. As its a quick car, and I am not a very good driver, I will never know.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
my mates well into santa pod, mk2 astra gte 680 bhp, 10.2 quarter mile @ 139 mph.

he was there when i ran my r26, slicks you need f**king slicks was his response to my lack of traction lol.

i couldn't give 2 s***s tbh, i knew exactly how quick it was on the road, a fair bit quicker than my time suggested.

i only ran it out of curiosity.

680 from an astra gte what engine is in it !?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
To pull any good 60ft on the strip drag radials are a must and then they put massive wear on the drivetrain, i used to knacker an outer cv every 15/20 runs.

Back in the day 20”x8 M&H. 1.7 sec 60ft & 12.67 @ 106 ish from memory. Ran it on road tyres a handful of times late 13s/low 14s?
F3FE0453-03C9-4FAA-B8D2-E7B26039E5B3.jpeg