ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just had my first track day at oulton!

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
I was at Oulton on Tuesday in this.

View attachment 1376432

Was a good day all round really, it was my first trackday in the Clio I just wish I had time to put some better tyres on beforehand as PS3’s really weren’t up to the job.

Shame about the silver one that rolled.
I think I was behind you at one point trying to keep your line :)

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
I always use 3rd for Lodge corner.

2nd is too much engine braking scrubbing speed off.

Late turn in needed. It's always a slippery corner even in the dry.
Everyone did seem quicker coming out of that corner but for first track day I was just happy not writing car off :D

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Lucky about that spin!

Any pics of the rolled Clio out of interest?

received_10156939649740110.jpeg

Discs wont change the camber. Any alloys which are 4x100 and a low offset around 40 give or take 5mm. Rim width should be between 6-7j for 195 tyres.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Any recommendations on some 15" alloys ? I've not got the biggest budget to be honest.
I've just bought some rear discs so hoping that will resolve the camber issue. Otherwise it's axle or stub

I'll then get it tracked with print out somewhere and let you know
Some 1.2s are always a good bet, fairly cheap and very light!

I have some 2118s but they're heavy however will never bend! They have ad08rs already on them and will be FS when I pull my finger out Haha

Marc87_RB 192

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 cup, E92 335i
I think I was behind you at one point trying to keep your line :)

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to my lines if I were you, it was only my third track day at Oulton. ?

Lodge is a tricky corner to get right here’s a short clip from my first day there getting it wrong. ?

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
Discs wont change the camber. Any alloys which are 4x100 and a low offset around 40 give or take 5mm. Rim width should be between 6-7j for 195 tyres.
Rear discs have built in hub so if that's out it could be that ?

Rear discs have built in hub so if that's out it could be that ?
No mate the discs attach to the stub axel which could be bent. Could also be the rear beam.

As mentioned get it aligined and take it from there to see what needs changing. You can use shims on the stub axel to reduce the camber back to normal.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Probably lifted fully on entrance or went flat and wasn't on the right line. Seen a few do it.

Yeah, lifted right on the bend. Need to either be fully committed down there or lift just before it. One or the other.

Yeah, lifted right on the bend. Need to either be fully committed down there or lift just before it. One or the other.
Its a tough one to go flat as you can only start braking once youve got most of that load off, by that time you're near the big dip and it locks easily coming into cascades leading to a late entry wasting the inside camber of the corner.

I just lifted slightly to get a cleaner entry and fast exit for the long straight.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Its a tough one to go flat as you can only start braking once youve got most of that load off, by that time you're near the big dip and it locks easily coming into cascades leading to a late entry wasting the inside camber of the corner.

I just lifted slightly to get a cleaner entry and fast exit for the long straight.

Yeah I don't go flat over it. Like you really.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
DAAAMN. Glad the driver was okay. Might be the scrap heap for that on :(
unless someone can get a new rear quarter for it. and new door. Assuming the chassis is okay maybe.
Sucks tho. I love iceberg 172s

I think you're missing the roof caved in too ?

It's also a Titanium 182, not Iceberg 172.