ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just gave my Arctic Blue 182 a quick top-up detail

MrCube182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Thought it looked good so had to share a few pics!

I've given the car a multi-stage polish last year, so today just topped it up by washing in this order:

Pre-wash with Bilt Hamber Auto Foam

Clay with Bilt Hamber Auto Clay

Quick machine polish with Autoglym Super Resin Polish

Wipe down with isopropyl alcohol and microfibre cloth to remove residue

Apply a coat of Gtecniq C2V3 spray on coating

Anybody else use these products?

Attachments

• photo_2019-06-08_19-06-30.jpg
    photo_2019-06-08_19-06-30.jpg
    681.7 KB · Views: 307
  • photo_2019-06-08_19-06-32.jpg
    photo_2019-06-08_19-06-32.jpg
    922.5 KB · Views: 282
  monaco 172
Looks good mate.

Wouldnt rubbing down with isopropyl alcohol remove all the fillers that you put in with the super resin polish?

MrCube182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Looks good mate.

Wouldnt rubbing down with isopropyl alcohol remove all the fillers that you put in with the super resin polish?
Yeah it is a bit counter intuitive using isopropyl alcohol at that stage...I could have used a regular polish without fillers (I like Menzerna 3800). The shine comes mostly from the Gtecniq C2V3 which only bonds to a clean surface tho, its sort of a spray on ceramic coating - no wax needed at all!

monaco 172
Yeah it is a bit counter intuitive using isopropyl alcohol at that stage...I could have used a regular polish without fillers (I like Menzerna 3800). The shine comes mostly from the Gtecniq C2V3 which only bonds to a clean surface tho, its sort of a spray on ceramic coating - no wax needed at all!
I keep meaning to try one of these spray on type ceramic sealents. I never thought they could give much of a shine compared to a proper wax, but clearly they can!

MrCube182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I keep meaning to try one of these spray on type ceramic sealents. I never thought they could give much of a shine compared to a proper wax, but clearly they can!
The c2V3 is the star of the show really...unbelieevable stuff. If the surface is nicely prepped this stuff replaces the need for wax or anything!

MrCube182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
A quick video from the weekend - shows up the reflections better :)

Attachments

• video_2019-06-10_20-16-47.mp4
    534.4 KB
  monaco 172
The c2V3 is the star of the show really...unbelieevable stuff. If the surface is nicely prepped this stuff replaces the need for wax or anything!
I'm gonna try this stuff.

Seems cheaper than the new meguiars hybrid ceramic wax too