ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joe's Glacier White R26

Hi all. As a few of you may already be aware, I bought an R26 yesterday after a while of thinking what to buy next. I wanted something a little more grown up if you like, but also fun to enjoy at weekends. It was the second GW I went to view as it was the colour I was set on getting. It was a long drive down to Surrey but thankfully it was worth it. The previous owner was on RSMegane and seems to of been well taken care off.

The car is in great condition, a really nice example. It also has the LUX pack and black wheels/mirrors also.

It also has a few things already done to it:
RS Tuner map with 262 BHP printout
Back box chop
Forge dump valve
Airtec Intercooler
330mm 2-piece front discs
Ferodo DS2500 all round
Braided lines

That's all for now, the cars off the road until the Clio sells (it'll be up for sale in the coming weeks).

3585e6b2c78a9346a947ba178e0560ca.jpg

47d9c61c1d2d9244142dd13fa007c058.jpg

da750f1255ef23b2c85aa440a6f84fb9.jpg

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Lovely

I've been dabbling with getting one, want a 250 cup really but don't want to spend more than 10k as I don't use my car other than weekends. A decent cup with Recaros are still over 11k realistically . Looked at r26's It even got to the point I emailed a seller last week but it sold :-(

How's it drive?

Lovely

I've been dabbling with getting one, want a 250 cup really but don't want to spend more than 10k as I don't use my car other than weekends. A decent cup with Recaros are still over 11k realistically . Looked at r26's It even got to the point I emailed a seller last week but it sold :-(

How's it drive?
Thanks dude.
I was set on getting a 250 earlier on in the year, but just couldn't justify the extra money. It's almost impossible to fine one in the perfect spec also. Good luck anyways :)
Drives brilliantly. Totally different to the Clio though, it's effortless to drive to be honest. And the extra toque is handy on the motorway. I managed to get 35mpg on the way back which is pretty decent.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Aye, spec wise mk3's are a mare to track a decent one down.

What you doing with the clio, selling as, or removing the interesting bits?

Any plans for the meggy?

Aye, spec wise mk3's are a mare to track a decent one down.

What you doing with the clio, selling as, or removing the interesting bits?

Any plans for the meggy?
Yeah that's right. It's just a case of being patient and waiting for the right one to come up for sale though.
Keeping it as it is I think, it would be a shame to put it back to standard/ish.

Probably a full turbo back exhaust, it's just to quiet for me at the moment. Get rid of the dump valve, and then get some coilovers fitted.

Also forgot to mention it has a short shifter fitted

Looks lovely.

But another one gone to the meg side 😧

I'll be the only Clio at Oulton at this rate!
Thanks mate :)

Quite a few people have made the jump over to one also yeah.

Haha, you never know I could still have the Clio for Oulton maybe.

Looks great Joe!
I've been shortlisting cars to replace the Golf recently, white R26 is on the list funnily enough :smile:
Cheers dude. You're free to have a go when it's on the road, I think you'd like it.

Monaco Blue 172
I was messaging a guy about a GW R26 a few weeks back. Was craving boost. Car looked lovely but hadn't had the timing belt done,and when i told him it was well overdue,his response was 'the timing belt is recommended every 5-6 years,but this belt has been checked and it looks in good condition so it wasnt needed' That put me clean off,if the timing belt was neglected,what else on the car had been neglected.

Well I finally got the Megane on the road on Wednesday after selling the Clio. It really is a laugh to drive, and feels twice as quick as the 182 ever did. I'm still getting used to it at the minute, but I'll do a proper write up in a few weeks to how it compares.
First little purchase happened the other day when I picked up a set of TPI Polarised Bolts from @Gaz_ so they were fitted this morning.

4a0beba9c0d38c0ccd941f9a1bd3f7b9.jpg

Afterwards I decided to remove the front and rear stickers. They were slightly faded, and I've never been a big fan of them (particularly on white). I've left the ones on the roof for now along with the sides. But I'll probably remove the roof ones at some point.

There's still quite a few things I want to do, but they can wait for now. I've got it booked in with Fred for the belts to be done next Saturday, along with new front discs and pads and a few other bits. The current 2-piece discs feel slightly warped, so they need to be sorted before I do the RenaultSport Trackday at Oulton Park on the 25th.

20440903939_9c06b95e1f_z.jpg
IMG_7529 by Joe Harding, on Flickr

20440892719_124265566b_z.jpg
IMG_7534 by Joe Harding, on Flickr

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Lovely. Get the dump valve off and a forge recirculation valve fitted instead.

FYI Fred has a mcchicken sandwich meal, coke, and a double cheeseburger for lunch.

Lovely. Get the dump valve off and a forge recirculation valve fitted instead.

FYI Fred has a mcchicken sandwich meal, coke, and a double cheeseburger for lunch.
Thanks dude. That's the plan yeah, dump valve's aren't for me. It gets irritating after a while every time I let off. I still have the standard recirc and boost hose, so may just fit them for the time being.

Haha, I'll take note :smile:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Thanks dude. That's the plan yeah, dump valve's aren't for me. It gets irritating after a while every time I let off. I still have the standard recirc and boost hose, so may just fit them for the time being.

Haha, I'll take note
Iirc you need an uprated recirc with a mapped car. Or its at least advisable. Can't remember which colour spring, someone on the forum will no doubt know.
Front wheel drive with a lsd is superb. Spent most of the day in North Wales on an organised drive. Brilliant feeling the power/diff pulling the nose in.

Iirc you need an uprated recirc with a mapped car. Or its at least advisable. Can't remember which colour spring, someone on the forum will no doubt know.
Front wheel drive with a lsd is superb. Spent most of the day in North Wales on an organised drive. Brilliant feeling the power/diff pulling the nose in.
Ah your right, I'll just go for a Forge one then.

Agreed! I experienced it properly for the first time today, it's a strange feeling. I didn't think it would pull the front end in so much either. Should be fun on track. I've got Spa booked in October too :smile:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Ah your right, I'll just go for a Forge one then.

Agreed! I experienced it properly for the first time today, it's a strange feeling. I didn't think it would pull the front end in so much either. Should be fun on track. I've got Spa booked in October too
Spa you say.........
uploadfromtaptalk1439755206910.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Haha :smile: I just need to do something with those parking sensors now..

Yeah you're free to jump in mate. Did you manage to get a helmet from Tweeks the other day?
That's awesome :smile:
Spay them white? Are they interchangeable for white ones?

I didn't. I didn't see any cheap enough (for the limited time I'll use it), so I'll rent one on the day