ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JC5 Rebuild (another one)

Clio Sport 182
Hi all!
I´m a noob in this forum, and I´m searching for some help and advices to rebuild my JC5 130 gearbox. Is the original one, never broken or was replaced.
All gears usually crunch. And it seems is hard to find repair kit or spare parts in Spain. It´s hard to find a recycled gearbox here too...

The question is: Are some alternative resistent reliabe syncro bearings to replace the original s**t ones? Or an not OEM repair kit avaible in your country?

Thanks in advance!

PH2 172
Hi all!
I´m a noob in this forum, and I´m searching for some help and advices to rebuild my JC5 130 gearbox. Is the original one, never broken or was replaced.
All gears usually crunch. And it seems is hard to find repair kit or spare parts in Spain. It´s hard to find a recycled gearbox here too...

The question is: Are some alternative resistent reliabe syncro bearings to replace the original s**t ones? Or an not OEM repair kit avaible in your country?

Thanks in advance!

@NorthloopCup

Here`s the manual.

https://www.r21club.com/download/r21organes/prevodovka2_ang.pdf

At 37 kgs, you could send it to the UK for repair for £40 (UPS).

If it crunches in every gear, sounds like there is also a problem with the clutch.

Clio Sport 182
Not every gear, and not always. But especially in 3rd to 4th and 4th to 5th. From 2nd to 3rd is more rare. The clutch were replaced by a reinforced LUK 2 years ago.

Clio Sport 182
I have a 130 that I’ll be rebuilding and selling soon @JavsMotor
Shipped them abroad before as well.

Nothing available synchro wise, but it’s advisable to run better oil in the box to help with longevity.

I´m interested. But it depends on the price....haha. Can I see some previous rebuilds?
Which is the recommended oil?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Here's mine which NorthloopCup did for me over a year ago.

2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gears and synchros were all new, plus the Quaife LSD.

IMG_3389.JPG

Red Line MTL gear oil is the best stuff for these.

Clio Sport 182
@NorthloopCup how I can enter to Car parts sale subforum to see your JC5 rebuilt posts?? When I try it, this happens: You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."