ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I've gone redneck... 5.0 content

Mustang, S13, AX GT
So I pick this up on Friday :D

The test drive was almost pointless. I've wanted a Mustang since I was a kid. When I realised I could actually afford one it took less than a day for me to decide and order this beast. Platinum white GT manual with Custom Pack.

EAFFCE29-472A-4900-93C0-8934DC7E8656.jpeg

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Yeah, they're stock clearance though. Ideally I wanted grabber blue but they had none left. They even checked stock in Belgium!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I was bouncing when I got the key for the test drive. I nearly got done by a ropey fn2 though on the test drive haha! It was fecking quick!

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
Nice, there are some good deals to be had on the pre-facelift models now. Don't forget to post a video of you using the line lock mode, also let us know your average mpg after a few months. ?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Hahaha I’m not sure about the linelock, although I could see if it’s covered by the tyre insurance thing? ?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
This^^ great choice , colour choice seems strange for it looks a bit plain imo

Flamer Barn Find
I see a few of these up and down the motorways. It always makes me die a little inside when I realise it's a 2.3 ecoboost.

love this though!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Yup, the choice was white or triple yellow. My mate also has a mustang coming this week, his is yellow. It's a nice colour in the flesh, it's triple white, metallic rather than the solid white on most. Dark wheels would set it off nicely, I'm thinking anthracite. It can wait though. I'm just excited to get the car :)

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Couple of things i’ve only just realised.

Boot release is under the bumper. Directly below the pony, but on the underside of the bumper. I moaned like f**k that there wasn’t a boot release, turns out i’m a dickhead.

If you press once and then hold down the unlock button, the windows drop. Probably limited use in the U.K., but useful for me, lol.

You can hide the owners manual in a little tray when you open the glovebox. Pull the yellow tab and the manual holder drops down.

The updates on the ICE are a PITA. USB drive and a laptop needed.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Couple of things i’ve only just realised.

Boot release is under the bumper. Directly below the pony, but on the underside of the bumper. I moaned like f**k that there wasn’t a boot release, turns out i’m a dickhead.

If you press once and then hold down the unlock button, the windows drop. Probably limited use in the U.K., but useful for me, lol.

You can hide the owners manual in a little tray when you open the glovebox. Pull the yellow tab and the manual holder drops down.

The updates on the ICE are a PITA. USB drive and a laptop needed.
The windows on my car do that too. It’s been handy during the hot weather. If I hold the lock button, they close, too - you should check to see if your Mustang does that as well.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Yeah I’m pretty sure it does that. I want to know if you can set the doors to lock when you move off (like the clios anti-jacking thing) and the mirrors to auto fold when I lock the car.

I’ve picked it up this afternoon and already I’ve learned a few things...
1.) People all compliment the Mustang, especially when the see the 5.0 badge
2.) People seem to think I’m not aware a 5 litre will be thirsty ?
3.) The noise is f**king lovely
4.) On a wet road anything more than tickling the throttle if the wheels aren’t straight results in some wheel spin/sliding.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Love these, drove one for 1000 miles in the states through Texas, Oklahoma & Arkansas. Very nearly lost it in the wet at about 80/90mph overtaking in Oklahoma (we were on the edge of a tornado).

Mustang, S13, AX GT
A few quick snaps from my drive out. Not the best but the cars awesome.

I thought I could get a video off the dash cam for the noise. I forgot I turned the mic off, fail. I’ll try again at some point.
0FB43EF7-469B-4A87-9436-E0BE49AFAAC9.jpeg
E62BC658-14E9-46F2-9126-4B7EB275D31D.jpeg
FF0CB377-69CA-4773-BB25-A6B5BB69390B.jpeg
6C98540F-A8AA-4089-A2E8-98DAC9467D0D.jpeg
FB3536C6-793C-45F1-A567-408DEF0E4499.jpeg
4B3A915B-1C11-4EBC-AD6C-D043085E6EBE.jpeg