ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is anyone running this method of a/c delete?

182 Turbo
Just wondering if many or any people on here are running this form of a/c delete (the cheapest easiest way) and if so what pulley / belt are you using?

Theres been a few threads about it over the years but people never spilled the beans on what pulley or belt size they were using, i googled some generic 85mm pulleys to replace the idler with but all of them seem a bit sketchy with not a very large if any locating shoulder on the pulley so its probably a case of finding one off another car

aircon.jpg

monaco 172
I use that method, have been for months and its been spot on. Parts numbers are in the thread in the guides section, I bought mine off a guy local who decided to fit a cup setup instead.

182 Turbo
I use that method, have been for months and its been spot on. Parts numbers are in the thread in the guides section, I bought mine off a guy local who decided to fit a cup setup instead.
Any chance you could repost the part numbers, cant access guide section ?

Land Rover
Well it probably wasn’t working!
Makes a big difference in Summer, less so in Winter although does a great job of clearing steamed up windows in cold weather

monaco 172
Well it probably wasn’t working!
Makes a big difference in Summer, less so in Winter although does a great job of clearing steamed up windows in cold weather

Sorry I didn't explain that right.

I meant in terms of performance, people say it's supposed to rev up more freely but it feels exactly the same.

Weight saving, maybe beneficial but even so, I bet the condenser, pump and pipework dont weight more than 20kg.

Land Rover
Yes the internet is a wonderful thing....full of experts.

I was told that removing the CAT from my Defender TD5 would “make the turbo spool up faster” and it would be “more lively” but as far as l can tell it’s exactly the same.