ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod Touch, whos getting one?

9th of november is for the iphone not the ipod touch!

Ipod touch is due the end of this month (already have some at work, but cant sell them till end of the month :( )

Fiat Panda 100hp
9th of november is for the iphone not the ipod touch!

Ipod touch is due the end of this month (already have some at work, but cant sell them till end of the month :( )

I want one now :( Will reserve mine at medowhall I think.

?
I was going to get one, then discovered there s**t.

Settled on the much better value £159 80gb ipod classic. its mint.

106 GTi
I was all set for getting the iphone but the tariffs look shite and I don't do 18 month contracts.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i'm picking my 16gb touch up this weekend hopefully, my mates works at Apple! :approve:

i'll get some pics up when i get it

106 GTi
Depends if you feel you need to carry your whole music collection around with you all the time. If I was planning a world trip then I would be getting the 160gb Classic, but for taking some tunes to work each day and playing in the car the 16gb Touch will be spot on. My 8gb Nano is fine for day to day use.

Fiat Panda 100hp
I love the wifi on the touch and the youtube thing is cool aswell. Love how when watching a movie you can just rotate it and it automatically goes into widescreen.

lol I have over 200GB of music so its hard to put it all on.

Same, which is why 16GB wouldn't be enough. I cant be arsed swapping and changing all the time so I prefer to have as much of my stuff as possible on my ipod. If I had to downgrade to 16GB I would end up wanting to listen to something badly and wouldn't have it on there :(

Citroen DS3 DSport
Most of the Apple stores in the UK started selling the Touch earlier this week. Go along and buy one there.

182 Trophy
Had one and took it back for a refund. Mine had a dodgy screen and apparently so have many of the the first lot sold.

I have ordered another online as I was really impressed with it apart from the screen.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Really ? I am going to grab one as soon as the local Applecentre has some in.

Theyre not bad, but with the iphone just around the corner and only costing another £60 compared to the touch, id wait and get that. (but at the end of the day thats just my opinion :rasp: )

Yer £60 more for the iPhone itself but that doesn't include the £630 -1000 18 month contract. I would get iPhone if the contracts wern't so s**t!

Will probably pre-order a 16GB Touch.

Haven't seen the actual date posted on this thread yet.

THE UK RELEASE DATE IS 28TH SEPTEMBER!

Citroen DS3 DSport
The Apple store has them available now and most highstreet retailers have stock in the warehouses and on the way to shops for the start of next week.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
My two 8GB iPhones left Chigago O'Hare International Airport about 24 hours ago. Crossed fingers for receiving them Tuesday or Wednesday. They were about £40 more than a Touch. Well worth it.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Had a go on my mates itouch last night, really impressed actually!

Still aint getting one tho

Fiat Panda 100hp
The Apple store has them available now and most highstreet retailers have stock in the warehouses and on the way to shops for the start of next week.

I just rang medowhall apple store and they dont have any in, and dont know when they will be coming in, and my local resller doesnt have them in either.

Might get one from ebay :)

If it had a decent capacity I'd have one and get rid of my video ipod. There's no point me buying one when i already have an 80GB video and an 8GB nano sat at home.

57 Clio Campus Sport
My two 8GB iPhones left Chigago O'Hare International Airport about 24 hours ago. Crossed fingers for receiving them Tuesday or Wednesday. They were about £40 more than a Touch. Well worth it.

How can you use them in the UK? Can you use any sim in them?

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII

How can you use them in the UK? Can you use any sim in them?

I bought them unlocked, and yes, they're GSM, meaning they work in the UK.

57 Clio Campus Sport
So if i did get one from America what would i miss out on/gain?

If i just added unlimited data usage to my t-mobile contract (flext 25) would that work straight off? T

hat way i would still get £60 credit to use and unlimited data for a lot less money than i would at 02.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
So if i did get one from America what would i miss out on/gain?

If i just added unlimited data usage to my t-mobile contract (flext 25) would that work straight off? T

hat way i would still get £60 credit to use and unlimited data for a lot less money than i would at 02.
You wouldn't miss out on anything. The only minor thing I can think of, is the 'visual voicemail' button along the bottom wouldnt show how many voicemails you have waiting to be listened to, which I imagine will be restricted to O2.

This is the user I bought my iPhones from; http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/r_u_there&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:UK:12 . He's very trustworthy and provides excellent communication. The iPhones were unlocked by him, and pre-loaded with a few things such as a NES emulator (with tonnes of games like Super Mario etc) and a few other peices. My sim goes right in. If you decide to buy from him, let him know that sonsofangels reccommended him, and ask if he can upgrade you to Express International Shipping which includes tracking, which means you'll be using your iPhone within 3-5 days. =)

I'm buying another 2 off him next month.

Clio_Smart
^^^^ Thats cheap for a Brand new Iphone unlocked.

If your due an upgrade you can get a top phone for free sell that which might nearlly cover the cost for your iphone.