ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iphone 11 + Apple watch 5

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone got the new phone? Verdict?

I wasn't going to bother upgrading but the wife's SE is fucked so she's having my X and I'm having an X Pro.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
my watch normally lasts about 2 days but i tend to put it on charge when i go int he shower and stuff or when im sitting down watching TV so I very rarely have to worry about charging it because the battery is low and if i do i just chick it on overnight.

taken the same view with my phone, its a much better thing to do IMO, youre pretty much always charged enough to do what you want with any device. and with lithium batteries youre not killing them so why not

I do the same, but comparing it to the Fitbit, that’s less easy than it was. The Fitbit could put 30% into the battery in 15 mins, and then would last twice as long.

It’s just getting used to it. I’ll buy a couple of extra chargers or work and traveling so I don’t forget, then when I’m sat at my desk for a couple of hours, I can use that time.

The die hard apple fan at work has one (he said he wouldn't get one, like he says every year) two days later he had the morning off to get it.
I don't know much about it, only that he was cumming in his pants because he didn't have to charge it everyday!

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
The die hard apple fan at work has one (he said he wouldn't get one, like he says every year) two days later he had the morning off to get it.
I don't know much about it, only that he was cumming in his pants because he didn't have to charge it everyday!

There’s a lad at work like that, pays about £70 a month for a new phone every year...with his sim contract on top of that!

This geezers on the apple finance plan, so it's sim free but he always has to give the old one back.
My boss (FD) is f**king mad, she buys everything outright.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Yeh 2 day battery life is really nice especially for a weekend away, no chargers for phone or watch 👌

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
This geezers on the apple finance plan, so it's sim free but he always has to give the old one back.
My boss (FD) is f**king mad, she buys everything outright.

That’s the one. It’s not cheap that’s for sure.

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
The battery life on the watch is a joke surely they can do better than that. My Garmin Fenix can go 6+ weeks although the screen is obviously less advanced.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The battery life on the watch is a joke surely they can do better than that. My Garmin Fenix can go 6+ weeks although the screen is obviously less advanced.
My 1st-gen Apple Watch is down by a good 40-45% by the time I get home from work. I really do think that if the engineers hadn't put the cradle charger with the Watch, it would have died of death at the first model.

I often go swimming at dinner and would really like a newer model to leave on when in the pool.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Keep seeing reviewers say this is the biggest camera leap ever for a generation of iPhone and recommend the upgrade even for people that bought the XS last year! At least the official trade in prices from Apple aren't too bad if you really must have the latest and greatest (I definitely used to be one of those people, but am not really bothered any more)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Keep seeing reviewers say this is the biggest camera leap ever for a generation of iPhone and recommend the upgrade even for people that bought the XS last year! At least the official trade in prices from Apple aren't too bad if you really must have the latest and greatest (I definitely used to be one of those people, but am not really bothered any more)

4x is cool for sure. But there’s always something new and cool.

as someone who finds materialism very attractive I think I’ve done pretty well to ignore the 11s calling. I got an XS last year and told myself I’ll keep it until I lose/break it. £500 a year on phones (let’s be honest it’s more than that if you upgrade every year) is nuts.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Anyone got any thoughts on what an XS 256GB is worth? I think I could punt it on and buy myself out of contract pretty easily and get the new pro..
Carphone Warehouse will give you like £550 on the spot so you could probably get more on eBay (especially if you wait until a £1 seller fee weekend).

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
4x is cool for sure. But there’s always something new and cool.

as someone who finds materialism very attractive I think I’ve done pretty well to ignore the 11s calling. I got an XS last year and told myself I’ll keep it until I lose/break it. £500 a year on phones (let’s be honest it’s more than that if you upgrade every year) is nuts.

Well, tbh, I don’t even think it’s that bad.

Think what most of us pay for car insurance/house insurance. Just to cover a ‘what if’, then consider that your phone is probably your most used item. It’s your most used camera, messenger, organiser, etc.

Carphone Warehouse will give you like £550 on the spot so you could probably get more on eBay (especially if you wait until a £1 seller fee weekend).
Skills. Thanks.

It’s only 509 to buy out of my contract somehow? So I can effectively change to the pro for little other than a small monthly uplift.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
My wife bought me a S5 for my birthday (was back in June, but I was happy to wait till the refresh). I love the new one with the screen on all the time, haven't noticed any difference really in battery life between my old S2 and this one.

Wife has now inherited my old one.

For me, I was mainly interested in the ECG, one of my (many lol) health conditions involves the heart, so that's a useful feature for me.

Stuck my 6 quid Milanese loop strap on it which looks jo different to the official apple one. I also backed Filipe morata on kickstarter for some nice Lester straps, so they should br atrriving soon.

I was never xonvinxed about the watch until I bought my first one, fell in love with it almost instantly.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Well, tbh, I don’t even think it’s that bad.

Think what most of us pay for car insurance/house insurance. Just to cover a ‘what if’, then consider that your phone is probably your most used item. It’s your most used camera

Yeah fair enough. I’d just resent spending money on something that I actively try to use less.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
this is something I backed on kickstarter, I got mine for considerably less than what they retail for, but its an awesome charger.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
this is something I backed on kickstarter, I got mine for considerably less than what they retail for, but its an awesome charger.

I want something like that, ideally not $150 though, lol.

I’m cautious about picking stuff like that off Amazon, as even with Prime, you can get some absolute shite, and twice I’ve had to send stuff back and claim refunds.

Reactions: Ben

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I want something like that, ideally not $150 though, lol.

I’m cautious about picking stuff like that off Amazon, as even with Prime, you can get some absolute shite, and twice I’ve had to send stuff back and claim refunds.

Yeah, I paid about $60 which was a bargain, it's absolutely brilliant and quality - and something that Apple couldn't get to work properly! Actually kicking myself that I didn't buy more at the time.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
D3D0EA32-8A8E-4C9F-973D-76FAD484990E.jpeg

iPhone X vs 11Pro in night mode.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It really pisses me off that the 11 got the wide camera instead of the telephoto. I’ve never thought ‘I need an EVEN wider lens than this already pretty wide lens’ but I’ve constantly tried to film stuff pretty far away and had to live with the horrors of digital zoom.

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
I'm waiting for my dual physical sim 11 Pro Max to arrive from Hong Kong, finally I can combine wrk/personal on a single handset with a cracking camera. I used to have One Plus for the dual sim and with Three and Vodafone not supporting E-Sim this was perfect config for me......

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I know charging stations etc were mentioned further up. I just ordered one of these:

Crucially for me, and different to the other options I saw, this is a single power chord, so not having to wire stuff up with chargers inside, and looks reasonably decent.

Currently doing a flash sale for 50% off I think, so only cost me $49.

They have Uk options too.

@sn00p

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I know charging stations etc were mentioned further up. I just ordered one of these:

Crucially for me, and different to the other options I saw, this is a single power chord, so not having to wire stuff up with chargers inside, and looks reasonably decent.

Currently doing a flash sale for 50% off I think, so only cost me $49.

They have Uk options too.

@sn00p

that’s a good price. I love my slicecharge pro, it is expensive now though, thankfully I was one of the early Kickstarter backers so got it a lot cheaper.

charges my phone, watch and AirPod pros without any issues.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Got the charging station a couple of days ago. Seems good. Charging seems inline with mains charging on its own. Nice piece of kit for $50, and tidied up my bedside table, which was the main want.