ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inconsistent idle

Mcbudge

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone got any ideas what could be causing an inconsistent idle on my 182? It never seems to drop below 1000 and if I’m coasting along at 30 it will fluctuate between 1000/1500 until I come to a rest and it will then come down to about 1000 rpm. I’ve changed plugs and leads (needed done anyway!) and it’s better than it was but still isn’t right! Any ideas where I should start looking?

Clio 172 Cup
Hi mate I went through this saga on my cup, I had a new throttle body on it and had the belts and timing done and it’s fine now had a map on it which has cured wobbly cold starts

Mcbudge

ClioSport Club Member
Something in the back of my head tells me it could be throttle body but the readings I’m getting to a code reader are saying it’s all good. I’m so confused with it ?

Clio 172 Cup
It drove me insane for ages I know that timing can play a major factor after having advice on here it was fortunate I was getting belts done at the time, get the throttle body checked mate

Mcbudge

ClioSport Club Member
Know anyway of fully checking the throttle body without buying a new/good working second hand one?