ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hull breach. Water sloshing

2005 Silver 182
So first time driving my Clio In substantial rain and when stopping then going at lights or traffic I noticed a sloshing sound coming from the back area of the car. Once I pulled over I looked into the side sections behind the rear quarter panels and found my passenger side full of water!!!!!! I think it is coming from the rear arch that looked to of rusted a bit?! Help or advice please
82062E9C-702E-41FE-8737-6C950BE87CF8.jpeg
B8632D3A-16B9-4272-A9B3-FD36B1E22F24.jpeg

2005 Silver 182
I’ve got the car completely stripped mate. No water in the rear bench area just down behind where the rear quarter cards would be in the side skirt area. The rear arch looks a touch rusted and letting water through when driving as the wheel is flicking water at the hole!

2005 Silver 182
Don’t think so tarmac wise but definitly a hole somewhere. That rust must be the culprit. Another non performance job to do ?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I used to have this issue too years back on a 172. The side skirt had filled with water. the drain hole was blocked and you can use a paper clip to poke the dirt out but I was hasty and just drilled a hole in the bottom of the skirt.

2005 Silver 182
I used to have this issue too years back on a 172. The side skirt had filled with water. the drain hole was blocked and you can use a paper clip to poke the dirt out but I was hasty and just drilled a hole in the bottom of the skirt.

Cheers for the info! Any ideas where the drain hole is? Also think once drainage is done I’ll need to give the arches some love with rust treatment and fresh under seal/stone chip