ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home cctv and phone apps? recommendations please!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
What a load of w**k, the manual says the camera is on 192.168.64.1
When I load up sadp tool it says the camera is on 192.168.254. 2

But no idea what the username or password is so cannot connect or reset

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Well took roughly eight hours to fit,
DS-7600 NVR with Seagate 2TB Skyhawk drive,
4 x DS-2CD2365G1-I cameras,
Outside cabling run in conduit & very pleased with quality of finish & fit.
Now have front door, side extension & back door & other side of extension views. Set up for motion capture & all bushes & trees excluded from recording.
Will up load some shots when I get some time over next few days.

Last edited:

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I’ve just put a ring 2 up at the front door until I get round to a proper set up, it does ok for the money but a bit hit and miss even though I have good WiFi .

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I’ve just put a ring 2 up at the front door until I get round to a proper set up, it does ok for the money but a bit hit and miss even though I have good WiFi .

Do you find it records to late after the event?
Does it have colour night vision?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
We got one of these EZViz cameras for the kids room. Quite a basic setup but works well as home CCTV which it would seem some of the more advanced setups don't from reading this thread. Has motion detection with mobile notifications and allows me to view when at work on nights etc.

Can't fault it personally and would recommend unless going for a more hardwired setup.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Do you find it records to late after the event?
Does it have colour night vision?

Starts recording a couple of seconds after the motion is first caught. So just increase motion sensitivity if it’s not suitable for you. Black and white colour vision

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
@davo172 Yes as @Davyy said. Its ok for the money and i use it mainly to make sure the kids see who's at the door. I am not using it for security as such and faces are clear the fish eye lense distorts the image a bit would be my critism

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
With our recent state of car breaking into. Well not really, car was left unlocked and a chancer took advantage.

Was thinking of a half decent camera (not mega dollar) to put inside the converted garage looking out on the drive.

Any recommendations?.

@JohnnyE

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
@davo172 Yes as @Davyy said. Its ok for the money and i use it mainly to make sure the kids see who's at the door. I am not using it for security as such and faces are clear the fish eye lense distorts the image a bit would be my critism

I thought about a ring door bell but decided to install a camera in ceiling of porch by front door now see anyone at the door & covers my car sat on the drive as well.
Cannot believe the detail when I watch play back on my oled TV, just got to tweak the trees & bushes out of viewfinder to minimise motion recordings.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
With our recent state of car breaking into. Well not really, car was left unlocked and a chancer took advantage.

Was thinking of a half decent camera (not mega dollar) to put inside the converted garage looking out on the drive.

Any recommendations?.

@JohnnyE

I spent ages looking at various systems.
Speaking to the company that maintains our work system they recommended Hikvision, luckily they have only recently upgraded their range so everything is latest tech.
IF you look at any cameras go for the dark fighters they see everything in the dark.

Clio 172 (CUP)
Another vote here for Ring, my experience...

Yes it's pricey but I have several devices now around the house and once fitted (which is fairly straight forward), they do just work without any maintenance. I have good wifi distribution (Ubiquity) which also helps and I'll be setting up another new Ring camera over PoE soon so I'll see how that goes. I also have the annual subscription for cloud recording which I find is good value for money the more devices you have. No problems with missed starts to recordings that I've noticed, plus I noticed you can now link devices to trigger each other to record. The app is good, fairly intuitive and continues to evolve in features and functionality, I can also link it into my home automation (when I have time to set it up), and with Amazon owning Ring it should be around for the foreseeable future. It's not perfect and I'd like to see some improvements in the app especially around notification customising/linking sirens/geo-fencing, but my only real gripe with the hardware is a fairly sensitive flood light camera which is probably down to the bushes that I need to remove from the capture zone. The recent colour night vision role out was a good addition, and I haven't really playing with their recent 'rapid ring app' as yet.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
After some help and suggestions please.
I am looking for a 4 camera set up at home. 2 cameras over looking the driveway and further 2 my garage which is at the back of my garden about 100ft from the house.

I see hikvision and dahua are often suggested.

Can anyone suggest me cameras and kit I need to get up and running

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
The ring door bell batteries are supposed to last 6/12 months lol mine lasted 3 weeks after it’s 1st charge I am hoping this improves somewhat, it’s set on medium so as not to record anything driving past etc

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The ring door bell batteries are supposed to last 6/12 months lol mine lasted 3 weeks after it’s 1st charge I am hoping this improves somewhat, it’s set on medium so as not to record anything driving past etc

Mine lasted 6 weeks, but we have like a shared car park next to us so it picks up motion constantly. You can change the settings to make the battery more efficient.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
After some help and suggestions please.
I am looking for a 4 camera set up at home. 2 cameras over looking the driveway and further 2 my garage which is at the back of my garden about 100ft from the house.

I see hikvision and dahua are often suggested.

Can anyone suggest me cameras and kit I need to get up and running

Look back through this thread just had four camera system fitted, hikvision.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Are 4mp cameras any decent? Just sounds like something you'd have on a Nokia 3210. Ideally I'd like a 3 cam set up at home for less than £300

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Are 4mp cameras any decent? Just sounds like something you'd have on a Nokia 3210. Ideally I'd like a 3 cam set up at home for less than £300

Just beware some of the cheap kits on eBay are copies & old tech just to get rid.
Do some research before jumping in, paid dividends for me.
If fitting yourself defo look at specs of cables, there are internal & external grades, might not at first glance seem important. But suns uv overtime will make the internal brittle if used outside.
Factor in what you want from system, wanted high quality images night & day hence paying more for my cameras. The camera on the side of my house stays colour 24/7 as I have street light in the distance, mega bonus.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Do the latest hikivision have decent adjustable/reliable motion alerts?

Anyone use or rate Aspect cameras had these recommended to me but never heard of them!??

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Do the latest hikivision have decent adjustable/reliable motion alerts?

Anyone use or rate Aspect cameras had these recommended to me but never heard of them!??

Yes, mine is set to motion record, takes a bit of setting up but that’s part of the fun.
Mine is even triggered by birds landing on the drive or cars driving by in the distance, it works by spotting differences in the frames it records.
Sitting at home having coffee will post up what mine covers with screen shots off my iPad, these are nothing compared to images I get from my oled TV. ;)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
04443024-20BE-48AE-8665-9F1FD0C45097.png
0F8F7277-534E-48D5-BD95-7C0BFA28EEC8.png

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Cheers dude. I will look into this. To be fair, I think we only need two, one front and one back.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Cheers dude. I will look into this. To be fair, I think we only need two, one front and one back.
I had the one by my front door as it worked out cheaper than having the fancy Ring door bell & I have no cloud charges ;)

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I installed a Ring Pro on Friday. It’s been brilliant so far. Installation and setup was a pain (from a connectivity point of view) but now the Chime & Doorbell seem to be working fine, and I can’t fault it.

I’m still considering a CCTV system, but wouldn’t know where to start, so need to do some reading!

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
@Steve what's the night vision like on those cameras?

I was looking at hikvision DS-2CD2155FWD-I but I'm not sold on the night time images I've seen so far

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
@Steve what's the night vision like on those cameras?

I was looking at hikvision DS-2CD2155FWD-I but I'm not sold on the night time images I've seen so far

This is live now,

F9820CEF-4088-4314-BF2E-E0DFCDD1A369.png
7597896A-DF5D-4428-AFE9-EBB989C8F706.png

Screenshot from ipad, if I put on my Oled the image detail is unreal & can zoom in to see every detail.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
So with decent driveway led the switch over to colour at night ?
Still can't see why they don't do colour night vision as std tbh if my 130 quid reolink argus 2 wi fi cam can do it for the cash these cost they should be able too!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Just so I am clear, if I had a spare monitor, do I only need the cameras and NVR, or does this need to be wired into a PC too?

The monitor is so you can view the cameras for setup & recording playback rather than looking at your phone ap.
I have my NVR linked to my lounge TV via HDMI, the NVR needs to be connected to your router as well.