ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with wiring up front door speakers

ford focus
Alpine SXE-1325S Just bought them and they wont fit on the connectors i have on my clio 02 reg

this is the connector on the speaker

this is the connector my clio has

would appreciate any help as I cant be arsed paying to get them fitted for a simple job

Last edited:
Bought the same speakers to replace a 'popped' one in my mk1. Good advice from the post above ^^^^^^ :)

Best way.

a0004uk

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
it dosent matter what you use if you really want just twist and tape. but thats crap, get to any diy shop and for example get a choc block... (plastic conector that you screw and unscrew) or jsut some scotch locks theres loads of ways to do it buh just make a decent conection

Clio's
it doesnt matter which wire goes to which side i dont think. you dont need spade connectors as long as metal is touching metal it will work!

go into halfords and buy an assortment of spade connectors then use the red ones,one small one big for each speaker

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Technically speaking it does matter what positive and negative wire are on each terminal.

If you look at the plug wire before you snip it, then look for the one which has a different coloured line on it. Then that is the negative wire. Put the smaller spade on it, you dont need crimpers, you can use long nose plyers to just push the sides down.

Larger spade goes on the other wire.