ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help me with a decision

clio 200
So for the last year i've had a Sony a7ii and it's by far been the best camera i've had and i've had good results from it (i think)
43194218170_10ca7a27e8_k.jpg
Max portrait by Jon Hare, on Flickr
41959835861_ecc207c540_k.jpg
Normanton Church by Jon Hare, on Flickr

I've just lost the enthusiasm at the minute and fancy trying something a little different. Ive been looking at either the Mavic air or mavic pro drones.

My camera is currently running on eBay and ends Sunday but i think I might be making a mistake selling it.

Will I get bored of a drone after a few weeks and regret selling my Sony????

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
You'll massively regret it imo. Very limited on what you can do with them, especially if the weather is poor.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a drone but know it'll sit in the house for 330+ days a year. There are things if like to get photo of with them but can't justify the cost for a handful of images. Maybe I'll buy yours when you get bored ?

My camera goes with me most days and gets used a fair bit.

clio 200
You'll massively regret it imo. Very limited on what you can do with them, especially if the weather is poor.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a drone but know it'll sit in the house for 330+ days a year. There are things if like to get photo of with them but can't justify the cost for a handful of images. Maybe I'll buy yours when you get bored [emoji6]

My camera goes with me most days and gets used a fair bit.
I was hoping you would answer my plea.
I love my camera and its dead easy to use but I just can't get excited about taking it out anywhere. A drone would fill that void but perhaps not for long enough once I've taken the photos I've thought of.
I could get something like a fuji x100s along with a drone but don't think it'll come close to the Sony.

It's been playing on my mind since I put it up for sale and I'm so torn

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Keep the camera, you're going to regret selling it. Pull the listing & keep it. You can always relist it later if you feel the same way then. From what I understand of drones (not much) they're nice for a bit till people get bored. However people that are into them are seriously into them.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Set yourself a photo challenge just to try and get you back into it.

I've considered going Sony or Fuji from Canon but I'm fairly heavily invested in it. Think I'll stick to what I've got for now and possibly change in a few years. Can't see me buying anymore glass for a while now.

clio 200
Set yourself a photo challenge just to try and get you back into it.

I've considered going Sony or Fuji from Canon but I'm fairly heavily invested in it. Think I'll stick to what I've got for now and possibly change in a few years. Can't see me buying anymore glass for a while now.
Cheers, I might join the local photography club for a little inspiration.
The glass is the deal breaker but I've started just renting lenses if I'm doing anything special.
Really can't fault using the Sony coming from a Nikon.
I'll get the listing taken down today

Thanks for all your help

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers, I might join the local photography club for a little inspiration.
The glass is the deal breaker but I've started just renting lenses if I'm doing anything special.
Really can't fault using the Sony coming from a Nikon.
I'll get the listing taken down today

Thanks for all your help

The camera club is the reason I need to get on with taking shots. Some competitions are themed and the next one is "film or book" so plenty of options for a photo. Just need to decide on what I want to try and get.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I’d say you’d regret it.

However, if you’d like an X100S you can have mine ?

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
I don't do photography on anywhere never the same level as you guys but the last time I sold my dslr I wished I didn't so last year I purchased another as I regretted it. Only probably use it a few times a year tbh but I have some memorable pictures that means it's worth it.