ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from Somerset!

2004 Renault Clio182
Hi everyone, my name is Jake and I’m 22 from Somerset, Being a car enthusiast and a technician by trade I’ve been looking for a pocket rocket that I would enjoy as a weekend car.
I’ve decided on the Clio sports as I’ve driven a 172 cup last year as it was getting work done with myself and I loved it! Over the weekend I’ve just purchased a Clio 182 at I think a reasonable price which has had engine and gearbox rebuild including cambelt & dephaser pulley. The vehicle has cost me £2900 and comes with warranty and a fresh mot, I’m just not sure if the car is a cup or not :unsure: picking up the vehicle Thursday.

I’m hoping the vehicle will have minimal problems and look forward to good times with the car!
For the next year I’m going to be upgrading all the suspension/brakes and tyres and then after I’ll look into what I’d like to do with the vehicle.

But anyway.. I Hope to speak with a few of you and hope to attend some meet ups, just introducing myself :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Welcome, looks to be a cup packed car, there's two packs, performance and style (maybe called something different) performance consists of different springs, dampers and front stub axles and anthracite (ish) wheels. Style consists of front splitter and rear spoiler. If your car has both the slang is it's a 'full fat' or 'ff'. It's definitely not a true cup as they came only in racing blue or inferno orange.

Either way that's strong money for the car, but if well maintained etc in it's previous life hopefully she'll be good to you