ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head unit advice ?

Hpd

Clio 2
Hey all. I’ve got a 2001 Clio 1.2 and I’m wondering about getting a new head unit.

Everything is standard on the car apart from that I’ve added a 10” sub using an in-line converter behind the stock head unit.

What I’m wanting (and have no idea about this) is to use Spotify via Bluetooth so I’m after recommendations about a new head unit. Ideally I’d like to be able to skip tracks etc using the controls on the stalk.

Cheers!

I recently acquired a MK2 clio and installed an Alpine UTE-92BT. Can't fault it so far, sound quality with OEM speakers is excellent, though lacking some bass which would obviously not be a problem for you. HU doesn't have a CD player but who needs one of those these days...

You'll need the correct adapter to get the steering wheel controls to work. My original HU was a Tuner List with separate dash display, so I got a Connects2 CTSRN003.

Clio mk3 1.4
I use a Sony mex 4200bt with the connects 2 kit for the steering wheel controls. Its a really good unit, you can connect your phone to an app for all the settings etc. Has dual Bluetooth capability (can use one phone for music and another say work phone for calls). Takes around 10 seconds or so to connect to Bluetooth once started but apart from that is spot on.

Reactions: Hpd