ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HD Through freeview soon?

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Same way they do through a satalite, just a diffrent way of sending it. You will need really good reception though i would think

E30 318iS x2
You can get freeveiw boxes with HDMI in them not sure why?

What was the thing about when all TV goes digital every one is battling over the old TV airwaves. Heard something about them wanting it for the HD stuff.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I heard ages ago that HD through Freeview would mean less channels, as atm almost all the freeview channels are compressed..

E30 318iS x2
I heard ages ago that HD through Freeview would mean less channels, as atm almost all the freeview channels are compressed..

Thats maybe because they're still using the analogue system and not every where is using the full digital system.

Sure they'll find a way.

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
You can get freeveiw boxes with HDMI in them not sure why?

What was the thing about when all TV goes digital every one is battling over the old TV airwaves. Heard something about them wanting it for the HD stuff.

The current tv frequencys have been sold to Vodafone and Orange (pretty sure its orange) for their 3G+ networks afaik

HD through freeview is being launched this year. According to the company (freesat. Not the freesat from sky either before you think it) should be launched may or june.Only a provisional date at the moment though. £99 for the box + stuff iirc.

That's Freesat, not freeview

Freesat is the company that is launching it.You will need another box but most existing freeview channels will also be availible in HD through this :)

Just to explain: The company freesat has existed for years.Sky released something called freesat not so long ago, these are two completely different and non related.Confusing i know.

1998 BMW e46 323i
freesat and freeview are separate entities and use different equipment tho. freeview uses an aerial and will still be unavailable in parts of the UK (and as far as I know there's nothing to say HD will be offered, a trial's been done but that's it), where as freesat with it's satellite broadcast will have more coverage and will use the same dishes/LNBs as SKY but a different box, and offer HD.

F1 - R26
Freeview will not be true HD, you will need a new receiver and there will only be 4 channels at most.........it will be 18 months before you can expect full HD and then very limilted channels