ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hair dryer thingy

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Now taking my detailing more seriously, happy with all the prep, washing, machining blah blah blah but now I feel to preserve the swirl free image I need to use a blower rather than micro fibre towel.

Don’t want to spend mega bucks but needs to be powerful enough that I don’t spend days drying the estate.

Any recommendations?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Now taking my detailing more seriously, happy with all the prep, washing, machining blah blah blah but now I feel to preserve the swirl free image I need to use a blower rather than micro fibre towel.

Don’t want to spend mega bucks but needs to be powerful enough that I don’t spend days drying the estate.

Any recommendations?

I have a metro sidekick. Quite expensive, but it was a christmas present.

Not very convenient for drying a large car, but great for alloys, badges, wing mirrors etc! It's sodding powerful too.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Like this?

I was just looking at that exact one as well.

The sidekick Air Force blaster car one that’s £100 is only 950w and this one is 2800w so should be more than sufficient?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I'd expect the pet ones would have a shorter hose, a slightly more expensive motorbike dryer with a longer hose and on wheels may be a better choice.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I'd expect the pet ones would have a shorter hose, a slightly more expensive motorbike dryer with a longer hose and on wheels may be a better choice.

One we've got for the dog has a mega long hose, no wheels though but if OPs bothered about that then it's easily solved with some cheap feet and casters.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Ours is a 2800w, similar to the ones linked but not the same. Think ours is a middle of the range one but we got it second hand from someone who used it once then got rid as their dog was petrified of it.

Even on the low setting its easy powerful enough. I genuinely don't know why anyone would go for the more expensive, less powerful 'detailing' one that's twice the price.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Ours is a 2800w, similar to the ones linked but not the same. Think ours is a middle of the range one but we got it second hand from someone who used it once then got rid as their dog was petrified of it.

Even on the low setting its easy powerful enough. I genuinely don't know why anyone would go for the more expensive, less powerful 'detailing' one that's twice the price.

Good to hear! Will get one ordered up.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Tried this out today on the M5, works really well. Obviously it helps a lot that the car is freshly waxed which helps the water bead off quickly.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Im told by Chelmer Pneumatics that your blower drier is only allowed to have so much puff, not sure if this applies to dogs hence why they are more powerful