ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Green Track Cup - Back To Basics

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
No all the standard wiring will be coming out , will have some buttons on the wheel then the ones on the panel for ecu , start.,auxciliarys ,main lights.

vroomtshh

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Ibiza Cupra TDi
No all the standard wiring will be coming out , will have some buttons on the wheel then the ones on the panel for ecu , start.,auxciliarys ,main lights.
You just using the panel via a relay for starting then? I'm trying to figure out what to do with mine.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Yes that's the plan so far but I know of two cars that both run the same panel and they just use a direct feed with no relay and work fine.

Wiring time

20190207_145947.jpg

411_1549560443491.jpeg

Now time to work out ecu mounting position and

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I had looked at those membrane panels before, opted against it as from memory each channel could only handle 10amps

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I had looked at those membrane panels before, opted against it as from memory each channel could only handle 10amps

Yup 10 amp per channel , I'm going to run relays for the bigger draws.
Will probably also go to LED bulbs to cut the draw down. Would think the wiper motor will probably be the biggest draw

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Some progress made tonight , dash2 mounted and buttons wired. I powered it up of a 9v battery to test if I can see the screen ok from my seat.

20190207_193256.jpg
20190207_194900.jpg

Also made up a bracket for the alternator tensioner , I had to do away with the cup mount as the cup racer engine mount uses the same bolts

20190207_195145.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I've now got the car wired for lights, wipers, indicators, rear fog along with tell tale lights on the dash and also tested the starter.
Powering up the omex, fuel pump and rad fan will have to wait until next time I'm home but I'm happy with the progress as I hate wiring.

I have 4 relays , and a small fuse box these control indicators, fuel pump ,ones and aux functions.

I still need to get a plug to use for the gear output from the sadev and also wire in the gear cut function for the ones

20190210_172944.jpg
20190209_170609.jpg
20190210_172921.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks it's got 500ftlb of torque so should tow well.
Don't k ow how it ended up with 3 pics though , if a mod sees this can they cut it back to one.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone know the size of the water hose that goes onto the heater matrix bulkhead connector ??

Im going to have to make/buy something to cross over from these hoses down to the 13mm hoses inside the car going to my heater , also going ot have to make a new bulkhead penetration as my shifter now runs though the old space.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Going to put up a to do list , as home from work next week and ideally want to get the car ready for mapping ASAP.

1. Wire in flat shift switch to OMEX ( 2 wires)
  2. Wire in gear pot to the dash2 (aero plug on order)
  3. Wire up fuel pump relay to OMEX
  4. Connect fuel level sensor to dash2 and calibrate
  5. Wire up cooling fan relay to OMEX
  6. Wrap and tidy rear loom
  7. Plumb in the interior heater( as above what is the hose dia where it goes to the bulkhead connector)
  8. Spanner check engine/gbox/suspension/subframe
  9. Cross fingers and toes and hope it starts/drives

I have a map for standard engine and jenveys and a map for standard engine with ED cams and bodies , so should have a good starting point for mapping from.

Flat shift settings will have to be a bit of guess work to start with but we will probably got for cutting if over 3500rpm and a cut of 110ms to start with.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Made a start back on the car today really need to get it moving as , tiles for my garage floor should be here this week.

Rear car loom wrapped and labelled up.

20190318_195206.jpg
20190318_195158.jpg

Multi plug also labelled

20190318_201727.jpg

Trimmed the grill and bonnet to fit around the bodies

20190318_210645.jpg

Wired in the ignition cut switch to the omex and ran the gear pot switch into the cabin ready to connect to the dash

20190318_205450.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Some good progress here mate,

Have you run this tensioner for a while? Thats what I now have on mine but there has been speculation about them being crap.
Nope I just fitted it as cant use the cup bracket anymore as the engine mounts t is in the way. I just bought the parts from McGill motorsport ,including miss alignment washers so the bar sits square.
I also made the little bracket for the bottom. So the load is transferred to both the lugs on the block.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Well it lives and I've ran it through the gears with the front wheels in the air .
Tomorrow I need to tidy up the wiring and move it outside as a pallet of racedeck tiles arrived today for the garage floor.

Did make a video but it wont upload on here for some reason

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
It made the move out the garage today under it's own power , so I could get on with painting g and get the new floor started .
Shocked at how easy the sadev is to select gears , I had a dog box before in a cosworth and that use to try and snap your wrist as it engaged.

20190320_131618.jpg
20190320_131627.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Should have scrapped the fuses and relays and run a Cartek PDP or ECU Master PMU.

Maybe something for the future.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Yes it was something I thought about but with the cost of the gearbox I put it on hold. Would be easy to retrofit a Cartek pdp later with the way I've made the loom.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Got a call yesterday to say my napper could fit me in this morning , so quickly put the car together enough to get it mapped.
Few small issues to work through but made 179 Bhp 154ftlb atw and survived mapping and about 20 power runs.
We have an issues where it wont pull below 2000rpm no matter what fuel and ign it has after 2000 it pulls clean.
I'm going to look out my synctometer and balance the bodies to see if that helps.
Also the clutch ratchet is starting to click so need to look into that.

But anyway pics n vids

Late night load up
20190326_210212.jpg

20190327_092642.jpg

Early power run than flat shift mapping

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Just heard back from omex and looks like my ECU has the older firmware , so that explains why it wouldn't communicate with the dash2.
Will need to send it to them next time I'm home from work to be updated only £35 so not a big deal and at least it wasnt something I was doing wrong ?

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Tyre racks and some cheap Ebay shelving went up last weeks. Will need to move the toolbox and racking to finish the flooring in this section, then once the building work is signed off I will get the roof lagged and boarded in.
Glad of having somewhere light and clean to work on cars again after being in the new house for 6 month
20190329_115458.jpg
20190329_115448.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Got my ECU back from Omex after a firmware update, plugged it in and straight away the revs and water temp were working on the dash.

Plans for this week is to pull it off the trailer , balance the bodies and see if it cures the power dip at 2000rpm.
If that doesn't work I going to switch the injectors and load up my map from my old engine from 4 years ago.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
How much caster will those get the car too neil?

I'm not sure Zach but looking at the mounting points I think it should increase is a fair bit.
May fit them tomorrow so will get before and after pics, the car still needs alignment aswell.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I’m liking your oil catch tank. Did you get it made or was off the self ?