ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2018 - July 12th-15th

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Ive been to this a few times before- great stalls and lots of them, and quite a few of the major manufacturers in attendance with their top models
A bit of racing up the hill, access to some of the buildings, bit pricey on the food and drink front though

Came home with a multi folding aluminium ladder one year- LOL

Thursday is usually the cheapest day, (And quietest cos a work day) so i will probably go to that- THURSDAY 12th July- usually called the Moving motor show- if you get there early u can even get free test drives up the straight.

Get my tickets through the CSSC club at £20 each- maybe you are a member of a Club and can get cheap tickets too

Be good to meet up with any other Cliosport members that go there

We went for three days last year, by contrast I ignored most of the stalls and a lot of the new stuff and enjoyed watching the historic hillclimbing and the older formula cars etc in the paddock. Well worth the effort to go, but will likely leave it a couple of years before I go again to allow some change.

Quite fancy the revival next year!

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
We went for three days last year, by contrast I ignored most of the stalls and a lot of the new stuff and enjoyed watching the historic hillclimbing and the older formula cars etc in the paddock. Well worth the effort to go, but will likely leave it a couple of years before I go again to allow some change.

Quite fancy the revival next year!

Yes, many go for the old crocks and they are nice to look and listen too, wheras i prefer the bang up to date new stuff. some so new it doesnt event get built (VW R400)

Edit- Tickets for the Thursday for me n the Mrs have been bought :)
might even be looking for a new motor at the show..... only to compliment the Clio of course :tonguewink:

Last edited:
  Clio Trophy
Ive been to this a few times before- great stalls and lots of them, and quite a few of the major manufacturers in attendance with their top models
A bit of racing up the hill, access to some of the buildings, bit pricey on the food and drink front though

Came home with a multi folding aluminium ladder one year- LOL

Thursday is usually the cheapest day, (And quietest cos a work day) so i will probably go to that- THURSDAY 12th July- usually called the Moving motor show- if you get there early u can even get free test drives up the straight.

Get my tickets through the CSSC club at £20 each- maybe you are a member of a Club and can get cheap tickets too

Be good to meet up with any other Cliosport members that go there
Hi Chris,
I'll pop along on the Thursday, I don't normally bother with the other days at the FOS as I tend to prefer the revival and members meeting.

Would be good to meet some CS members there and go for a beer.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Hoping to get some tickets for Saturday.

Any advice on parking? I guess I’ll be aiming for a public car park, unless you can pay to park somewhere more convenient?

What kind of time do I need to arrive?

182 Cup/ Impreza RB5
Will be going Thursday as well as got the “free” GRRC members tickets.

Doing Revival for first time this year.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Im there saturday and sunday, can't wait! Went a few years ago but couldnt cover it all in a day so thought we would make a weekend of it :)

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
Looks like i could be going on Sunday, does anyone know if they'll show the football?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
great day yesterday- was even offered a test drive up the hill in a new Honda Civic Type R at 320bhp. (So took the opportunity obvs)

Thanks to Mike (FatRS) on here for sorting that- lovely motor

Fabulous- stacks stalls and dealers there- PORSCHE 70yr anniversary, and weather held pretty much

Hope all you that go today and over the weekend have fun....

Food and drink still bleeding pricey- so take some food n drink

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I went about ten years ago. Have wondered about going again, but it seems to be turning into more of a motor show for OEMs, rather than a haven for old race cars, so not so sure. All I remember from last time I went is that it was a bloody long walk to the top of the hill...

I'm going on Sunday now, don't think I would have paid to go there but I work in motorsport so managed to get passes.

Haven't been for a few years, I'm going to try and watch a bit more of the action on the hill this time.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
There’s an orange Megane 280 in the car park this morning with RUK plates on.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Picked up two tickets for Sunday on a whim yesterday.

Something I say I’m going to go to every year but I’ve never been.

Looking forward to it, especially seeing the new Singer in the flesh/metal.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I wonder why Renault arent pushing the new RS Megane, seems a prime place to do it.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
^ 2nd from bottom was the 320bhp Honda Civic Type R I took up the hill thanks to FatRS one here :)

Photo below is the only shot of a Clio I got....
20180712_110010.jpg20180712_131200.jpg

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Any F40’s there?

Yep, there was a whole specific collection of Ferraris around a dozen, and think I saw an F40 in the Supercar paddock. There sure were some motors there. Oh, and a dozen helicopters coming and going

There were McLarens queing on front and behind me to go up the hill, and I asked my passenger who was driving them, he just said prospective purchasers at around 1/3rd of a mill each!

and some say we are almost bankrupt as a nation- well we may be as a nation, but theres a fair few people worth multi millions that's for sure
(Gets ready for a Corbynesque rant lol)

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Yep, there was a whole specific collection of Ferraris around a dozen, and think I saw an F40 in the Supercar paddock. There sure were some motors there. Oh, and a dozen helicopters coming and going

There were McLarens queing on front and behind me to go up the hill, and I asked my passenger who was driving them, he just said prospective purchasers at around 1/3rd of a mill each!

and some say we are almost bankrupt as a nation- well we may be as a nation, but theres a fair few people worth multi millions that's for sure
(Gets ready for a Corbynesque rant lol)
Really, bugger I’ve missed it if there was an F40. Walked round the super car paddock yesterday and didn’t see it.

My favorite two cars so far have been these (yes I like 911’s)

6C892312-C995-41BB-9F9A-15A74CB02BAD.jpegE135EA76-E4A8-4190-BAD8-1B80E8D5572E.jpeg84B317FE-8729-4D01-9920-9645AC8D6496.jpegF5735E6C-F4B6-486B-97DE-A20996953A56.jpeg

Usually I’m flat out at work over this weekend but due to tyres not arriving on time... I’m sat here reading these Goodwood updates!

Some of these csrs are so bloody amazing! Keep your photos coming guys ????

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
While strolling around we’ve seen
Lord March
Duggy Lampkin
Brendan Hartley
Mark Higgins
Rene Arnoux
Richard Petty
Billy Monger
Mark Webber
Jackie Stewart (and Paul)
Karun Chandhok.
There are autograph area but I’m not that bothered about that.