ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gen90 or Me221

Wasn’t sure what section to post this in, if it’s wrong please move.

Basically I need a ECU to run my Clio Turbo, preferably plug and play so I’ve narrowed it down to the Gen90 or a Me221.

Is there any advantages either of these offer that the other doesn’t?

I’d quite like in gear/boost by gear, can’t really find any info saying if they do or do not do this?

Any help appreciated.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I’m sure the Me221 has s**t support for the Clios. I’m sure it’s @vroomtshh has one, and I was asking him about them as I was gunna order one.

I’ve got the Gen90 now and wish I went down the PMS DTA route if I’m honest. I know yours is going boost so may be slightly different but I think it’s the OE loom lets these down too

Oh really? I emailed them last night and they emailed me first thing this morning answering all my questions. It does do boost by gear and everything else I wanted so I’m very tempted to get one.

vroomtshh

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Ibiza Cupra TDi
The support is certainly getting better. I had one if the very first ones and the support was non existent. I'd choose it over a gen90 tho as a lot more people can map the ME.
I can possibly put you in touch with some second hand ones

172 Ph1
I’m also on the Me221 , can confirm the aftersales side is deff good , I posted on the FB page and had answers from admins within a few hours along with other users not necessarily Clio users to boot.
It’s growing for sure .

Just having mine mapped on ITB’s . Looking forward to the results .