ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz.'s Nissan Skyline R32 GTR

A few weeks ago, JMImports informed me that I had won this Skyline at the Japanese auctions. Today, she's made her way to the docks and I've received the pre-shipping photos. It's a 94 model, with just shy of 80,000 miles on the clock.

She's no pristine example at a Grade 4B, but JM will sort out the scuffs etc on the body for me, and I've got a Nardi steering wheel sat in the garage anyway. Needs the fogs ditching, interior tidying a little and it'll not be far off. Also running a Cassette deck, so 90's! Also discovered today it has an ARC panel filter, good old £££ rocking horse part right there lol.

Here's the images anyway...
P3050021_zps2bddfb3b.jpg

P3050022_zpsf0272ef4.jpg

P3050023_zps1c08396d.jpg

P3050024_zpsc5ff1cd8.jpg

P3050025_zps10c689d5.jpg

P3050026_zps10f3dc7f.jpg

P3050027_zpseecc489b.jpg

P3050028_zps30f25f79.jpg

P3050029_zps78c645d0.jpg

P3050032_zpsa6306b05.jpg

P3050034_zps565eec47.jpg

P3050035_zps8bd486d7.jpg

P3050037_zpsfcf707e5.jpg

Can't wait to get it now, going to be June at this rate though. Gives me a chance to refurbish my Regamasters for it, get some coilovers, get the interior bits and then enjoy it for a bit, before undersealing it.

£7,500 on the road, so that's including all the fees in Japan, Shipping, registration/mot/sva, service, paintwork, checking the fuelling etc, plus JMImports' cut which is £750.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That I don't like it.

But I like you so didn't want to hurt your ginger feelings.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
These are really starting to go back up in price a bit now, so that price isnt as bad as it sounds.

Still epic cars, I think they look kind of cool in a brutish sort of way :)

That I don't like it.

But I like you so didn't want to hurt your ginger feelings.

Ah. Well they're not to everyone's taste. You love VAG estates, which do shine all for me lol.

Yeah they look old, but that's part of the appeal. Pure early 90s, I love it. Need some acid house cassettes to play in it!

I was searching the auctions a lot myself aye, but JM are sorting the rest so it's no hassle at all to me.

Future plans, not a lot really, lower it on my Regas, underseal it, tidy up the little bits, a bit of chassis work possibly, light tuning maybe too. We'll see how funds go.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Its nice that you get to see it in the state as it leave Japan, good to see you know what your getting mate.

Looks like it will be a nice car..

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're a brave c**t Gareth <3

I love it personally!

Amazing! Makes me want to fire up the PS1 and play Gran Turismo. Can't wait to see it when it's tidied a bit.

Ph 1 172
Epic cars would love on but get the feeling it might always be out of my price range with running costs. What's the road tax, insurance and general maintenance on the skyline of this age?

Road tax - old school system of engine capacity, over 2.0l - think it's currently £235 for 12 months. Insurance for me - £12-£1300. Maintenance is normal to me coming from the 200sx and RX7, talking very regular oil changes with fully synth (2-3k miles) etc.

Much with any car, depends how they're treated, state of tune etc. It's a 19 year old Grp A developed race car for the road, there's always the potential for something to die on you.

Ph 1 172
Ill be honest I was expecting much more than that on all fronts. But I suppose if something does go wrong it's serious ££££ for a new turbo and what not

New turbo? Turbos, there's 2 of the buggers to replace if they die! 6 cylinders, so coilpacks, leads, plugs, injectors etc inevitably end up costing you more than a 4 pot. Then there's the inevitable RB26 tax on aftermarket parts, and I'm always a believer in uprating if something breaks. That's where the real cost is at.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So Mr. "hated my jap import because everything went wrong and it cost me a fortune" has bought another? You're utterly mental mate!

As for the car, I'd hope a good interior clean, some new mats and a damn good polish etc will leave it looking retro cool rather than old like it does now.

Brave man, but I'm quite looking forward to watching your progress and watching you swear repeatedly when you find out a small japanese man has been using hair gel as cv grease or something equally brilliant.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Not a huge fan on the looks from the front but I like the retro style rear end.

Brave man buying another old, old jap car mind :rasp:

williams 2,seat leon
Loved these ever since they stuffed everything on the aussie touring cars, until they got banned. Good luck with it.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The turbo'd are cheap second hand. I used them on my Mx-5 turbo. Only paid £20 for 2 perfectly serviceable ones!

1.2 16v
I like it! You got to come up newcastle to collect it or you having it delivered? If you're coming up, feel free to take me for a spin as I live minutes away from crammy! ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's so 90s and I love it. Mostly because you're f**king mental.

You really deserve a good one mate. Definitely. Agree with everything Robbo said.