ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaming monitor differences/£££££.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
What's it going on?. If it's a console they cap the refresh at 60. So no point getting a higher refresh rate unless looking at the new console's?

A4 Avant & A3
Just got one of the original Xbox one's, he does want a pc at some point too but that won't be anything ground breaking if it happens.

A4 Avant & A3
That was my original thinking, just the cost increase that puts me off, I'm trying to talk him out of pc gaming.. mainly as it'll be my job to research/pay for and build the thing!
Thanks for the advice, never looked at monitors quite this in-depth

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
24 is normally what a pro esports gamer would use. I think I personally prefer 27 as I would use the pc for more than gaming, but it can bit a bit much to take in. I do like the ultra wide 34inchs etc but £££

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ended up sending the Dell back. Was okay but I bought a Ben q rl2455, absolutely made up. Also 24 over 27 for gaming

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mate.

Tbh I don't think you would go far wrong with either though.

The Dell was more a monitor over a gaming type I think. The Ben q stuff is aimed towards the latter

What you thinking of buying mate

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Yeah mate.

Tbh I don't think you would go far wrong with either though.

The Dell was more a monitor over a gaming type I think. The Ben q stuff is aimed towards the latter

What you thinking of buying mate
I was thinking about buying the one @Rojer suggested below mate.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah seems good.

Depending what you are after really. But after having a TN and ips panel I would choose the former. And tbh the pic quality of the benq is better.

The Dell was an older monitor tbf.

Benq stuff from what I've read is aimed more towards gaming.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Guy who streams uses this and the quality looks spot on. Search his name on YouTube.

Screenshot_20191026-121842.jpg

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Guys, can any of you recommend a 27" TN panel monitor, around £200ish, i know a bit about tech, but i am really unsure about Gaming monitor specs.

Thanks

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Personally i would go 24 mate
I asked the question mate, and he wants 27", was looking at something like this below?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok. I'm very happy with my benq so probably enclined to buy one of those.

I'm no expert but I don't think there would be much difference between models.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Cheers Dan, i read somewhere if going to 27" you need a better resolution, than 1080p?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
On the ps4 or pro, no. I think?!?

The ps5 will probably be better etc. if it was my money id opt for the one i listed. Been around a while and still punches well.

Guy who streams uses this and the quality looks spot on. Search his name on YouTube.

View attachment 1438630
Thanks for posting this :)

Looks like it's this one at £216 + £7 shipping (from Germany)?

The BenQ mentioned above seems to be the only thing cheaper for 4K and 28"??
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075CQ5Z8R/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Much as I want a 27" 5K iMac thing, they seem to start from a grand upwards, whereas a laptop and one of these screens would surely run to less!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member