ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Game you're most eagerly anticipating in 2016

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Following on from the thread by @SharkyUK.

Don't just reel off a list of all the games you're excited about, we all know there are some great games coming out in 2016.

Just pick one and give a reason why you've picked it.

For me it's Dark Souls 3. I love the Souls games, a lot of people are put off them by them being much more difficult than the average game with no difficulty levels, but that makes them so rewarding when you finally get past wherever you were stuck. Bloodborne was a great addition to the From repertoire and DS3 looks like it's going to incorporate some of the gothic and lovecraft elements from Bloodborne with the formula of Souls that is so good. For me, Bloodborne took close quarters combat to another level in terms of precision, but it almost completely banished ranged combat, so I'm interested to see what DS3 offers, as traditionally Souls games have offered the chance to be ranged - Bloodborne did force me to adapt my gaming style though, which probably added to the enjoyment.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Uncharted 4
Tomb Raider (coming on PS4)
The division
Street fighter 5
Doom
Ghost recon- wetlands.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking for ward to Tom Clancy's The Division - I like the premise of the game, and the adverts I've seen look interesting too. I struggle with free-to-roam games such as Fallout, but get bored with games that have good canpaigns, but are clearly set up for multiplayer - Call of Duty etc. This looks like it'll sit in the middle of those.

Mind you, I had the same though about Siege, but was apparently wrong, so...

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
flol, that went well.
Lol. Obviously I was too excited about a load of games to read the OP properly.

Out of those games I listed, probably Uncharted as they have probably been the best games on the PS, well, apart from 3 which was a little bit s**t in parts. I'm hoping this is amazing though.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Uncharted 4... because it's basically the reason I bought a PS4.

What I'd love to see more than anything though, is Portal 3.

Alex H

ClioSport Club Member
I like the look of No Mans Sky because of its procedurally generated worlds and what looks to be endless exploration opportunities. It could be a crock of s**t though.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Dirt Rally on XBO, I've played it on a friend's PC a bit but I'm interested to test out the finished product using my G920. Sadly I do not own a PC myself which is capable of running the current release so got to be on console.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Like a few of the guys previous I, too, am looking forward to The Division. However, I'm not able to get that excited about it yet for some reason. After a promising introduction to the title way back in... well, whenever it was, I've not heard / read anything much to convince me that it's going to live up to the initial hype. I don't mind if it doesn't to be honest, as long as it's a good and solid game with longevity and enjoyable team-based gaming.

At this very moment, the title I am most looking forward to is Unravel. :)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Battlefield 5, hopefully it won't be futuristic and still on the same theme as the other BF's, great battle experience and more realism than other games out there

Reactions: DrR

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Like a few of the guys previous I, too, am looking forward to The Division. However, I'm not able to get that excited about it yet for some reason. After a promising introduction to the title way back in... well, whenever it was, I've not heard / read anything much to convince me that it's going to live up to the initial hype. I don't mind if it doesn't to be honest, as long as it's a good and solid game with longevity and enjoyable team-based gaming.

At this very moment, the title I am most looking forward to is Unravel. :smile:

I forgot about Unravel, I watched a YT video on the Xbox Dashboard about it the other day, it actually looks really good!

Mito Sportiva 135
Arc, Far Cry and the new Battlefield. Plus Destiny 2! Division looked interesting before but now it looks a bit bland. I will wait and see though.
I would LOVE Xcom 2also Darren, but they're not releasing it on console (at least at launch) :(

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I'm eagerly awaiting No Mans Sky. Absolutely cannot wait although there is part of me that wonders whether it won't actually be good.

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm sceptical about that game...it looked fun as a concept but not sure how it would translate into a game.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sceptical about that game...it looked fun as a concept but not sure how it would translate into a game.

Same, the scope and idea behind it is incredible, and as a concept it's amazing, but I'm not sure how I'm going to feel playing a game that isn't about progression or completion as such.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Yeah totally understand the scepticism around No Mans Sky, it will all depend on how interesting the planets are. You've got to want to explore somewhere to make it worth playing.

If all the planets are similar then why will I bother upgrading my kit so that I can explore there. I'm just really hopeful that it will come together and be an interesting experience. Could be amazing

Clio
Tiger Woods 2016.
They need to do something to recover from the pile of s**t Rorys McCilroys was. No Tiger Woods 2016 you say? f**k you EA f**k you.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Arc, Far Cry and the new Battlefield. Plus Destiny 2! Division looked interesting before but now it looks a bit bland. I will wait and see though.
I would LOVE Xcom 2also Darren, but they're not releasing it on console (at least at launch) 😧

No reason why they can't tbh - it's not that graphically 'unique' for the PC and clearly works just fine with a pad. I'm assuming they will eventually release it for the consoles.

The other (which is imminently here) is Homeworld : Deserts of Kharak. It looks good to begin with, but coming from the team that did the original Homeworld and some of Company of Heroes - oh lordy, the potential is there!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I remembered another one - Unravel. It looks different to the games that I'd normally play, it seems relaxing, which makes a change for a video game!

Mito Sportiva 135
Oh yeah that looks good.

Forgot another one...Halo Wars 2! The first one was probably the best console strategy game I played other than X Com. Hoping it will revive the genre.