ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

full lock low rpm

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
Hi All,

initial symptoms were rpm goes down to about 600 when in full lock and almost stalling, steering really heavy , power steering fluid boiling at track day.

I decided on a new power steering pump , installed it and steering was so much lighter , the low rpm judder was still there but the power steering fluid didn't boil at the next track day.

i then read more into power steering systems and realised it could be the power steering sensor, which detects when pressure is requested and tells the engine to raise rpm? i bought an ebay special power steering sensor for £8, installed and the low rpm judder seemed to have disappeared.

having fired up the clio for another track day on wednesday i've noticed the power steering seems heavy again and the low rpm judder, almost stalling when idling , is back.

lost on what it could possible be now? I've checked the high pressure line which apparently can get a kink but all seems fine. I think the only thing it can be is the steering rack now . some evidence to back this up is when going over bumps the power steering rack is supposed to absorb high impact but this doesn't occur the steering wheel moves with the bump. but that wouldn't alleviate the low rpm judder in full lock as the power steering sensor is supposed to take care of this ? or is it the cheap sensor that's bad?

any help / advice appreciated. thanks