ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frayz's 550bhp+ Prodrive edition Impreza build...

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
So would I. I loved reading the progress on it. Would of been one amazing machine when finished I bet.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Haha, I do love the Internet, I always fun to hear rumours.
The car hasn’t been sold for a GT4 at all, and my ambition did not outweigh anything either.

The person involved in the project over promised and under delivered, then lied about working on it and went awol. Without me wanting to go into further detail caused me a hell of a lot of problems and upset over it.

I have reclaimed as much of the car as I can of which I have in storage.
The project is for sale as a whole or will be broken for bits as I’ve neither the time, inclination or funds to continue it.

4.5 years ago I sold my 182 for what I thought was an upgrade to a Mini GP.
Hated the Mini and despite throwing a load of cash at that too, PSS10s, AP brakes, Recaro PPs etc, I never loved it.
My dream was to own a special Porsche (GT3) and always had been, but I’d missed the boat on them and prices went mental. But my wife forced the issue and told me to pursue the Porsche dream one way or other. So I went to drive a number of cars from modified 996s, 997s, CSRs and 996 turbos. But none of them were either special enough or drove the way I liked. I didn’t want a turbo, it had to be RWD, NA, special and manual.
Then I found myself trying a Cayman R, of which ticked all my boxes and I purchased that in 2016.
Needed to sort a daily so picked up a mint 1 owner Fiesta ST150 which I hated but it served a purpose.

I’ve just got rid of the fiesta and got my old Inferno 182 back which I’m absolutely loving.

The Porsche isn’t anywhere near as fast as the Impreza was but it takes owning a really fast road car before you realise that power isn’t everything and driving enjoyment is. The Cayman R is a very special bit of kit to drive and is better than the Impreza in every way for specialness and driver enjoyment. It’s a far more impressive tool to Pilot.

So now I own my 182 and my Cayman R in addition to that, my wife and I had a little girl back in January. So basically I consider myself lucky enough to have everything I could ever need.

If anyone wants a full WRC project to continue. £15k takes the lot inc full 580bhp engine, gearbox, Syvecs, bodyshell, turbo system, fuel system, WRC dampers the lot.
E2BBCEAB-6C22-4F00-B3DD-0349E89D47E1.jpeg

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
That's abit if a shitter about the Impreza and a shame but understandable. Too many people out there trying to f**k people over and don't care about the outcome. That Porsche looks lovely mate. And congratulations the baby.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks chap,
I’ve made my peace with it and am getting on with life. Truth be told, I achieved all I really wanted to with it anyway.
Owned since I was 21 and built a supercar killer at home. It was featured in magazines and can honestly say I t never once let me down, so that was testament to how it was built, so must have got something right.

Life moves on, and thats that.
I’ve got a beautiful wife, a little girl who’s stolen my heart and two of the best handling road cars ever made imo.

Life’s good ???

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Hats off to you then mate for building it yourself. Your dedication paid off. That's the main thing mate. Can't let these things stop you or keep getting you down. Indeed life does move on and you've got to make the best of it. Family first then everything after. Enjoy mate ?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Haha, I do love the Internet, I always fun to hear rumours.
The car hasn’t been sold for a GT4 at all, and my ambition did not outweigh anything either.

I may have got the wrong end of the stick and assumed it had been sold. Please accept my apologies ?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
I may have got the wrong end of the stick and assumed it had been sold. Please accept my apologies ?

No worries. As you can imagine this car and it’s history has been documented on many forums for many years and some of the stories I’ve heard about what I’ve done with it are brilliant. The Scoobynet thread for example is over 140 pages and 630,000 views.

My most bizarre rumour I’ve heard yet is that I sold the car to buy a Rolex and now have a 911. ?

I can only imagine what it must be like to be a celebrity that gets written about daily. ??

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Fantastic update mate! Congratulations on your baby girl too!

And fair play to being honest. Not that you have to explain why but always good to read to truth over rumours.

Looking forward to seeing what happens to the 182 and porsche in future updates, which I hope you'll provide.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Fantastic update mate! Congratulations on your baby girls too!

And fair play to being honest. Not that you have to explain why but always good to read to truth over rumours.

Looking forward to seeing what happens to the 182 and porsche in future updates, which I hope you'll provide.

Not sure the Cayman is thread worthy as it’s already modified and I just drive it and enjoy it.
Maybe I’ll make a thread at some point about it.
Certainly I’ll try and keep the Clio thread updated as I’m doing my best to try and restore it to somewhere near its previous condition.

Clio 197,with megan'
Congratulations on the baby. I had an FQ400, running 636/586lbs torque.I now have a Meglio 197, with 320/340, and its a far better car overall. The Evo bought me out in a sweat, the Meglio makes me smile.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Congratulations on the baby. I had an FQ400, running 636/586lbs torque.I now have a Meglio 197, with 320/340, and its a far better car overall. The Evo bought me out in a sweat, the Meglio makes me smile.
I used to think that about the 182 the first time around. I can honestly say I had as much fun in a near standard road car with 180hp as I did in a fully modified 580hp turbocharged rally refugee.

Cars are about driver feel and feedback. Yes the Subaru was brimming with both, but more power didn’t mean more fun in 99% of situations.